After Market Lower Fairings on FLHX

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by hapbob, Dec 23, 2009.

1. hapbob

hapbob Member

I thought I wanted to try lowers on the Street Glide. OEM are big money I think? I have tried to buy used on E-Bay but they go for about what new cost. I found after market on E-Bay...Any one tried those or any other after market beside Hogg Chopps...Not sure I would like the hogg Chopps. Sugestions?
    Hap

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

FatBob - are you talking lower fairings on the batwing, or down over the engine guard?

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Something as highly visible as this I wouldn't go with aftermarket. Spend the money and get the HD ones made specifically for your bike. They will look great, fit great, and help retain the resale value of your bike. I looked at the aftermarket tourpaks and decided to spend the extra cash and get the HD version. Haven't regretted that decision for one second.

4. hapbob

hapbob Member

Hey
    Yes I was talking about the lowers on the crash bar for leg/feet protection in rain/cold. You guys are right the Harley ones will look best! I will leave then on most of the time I'm guessing so I don't want the soft version. I'll keep looking for a nice harley used pair..
    Thanks
    Hap

5. CLASSICRYDER

CLASSICRYDER Member

i have a nice used set for $400

6. dhornick

dhornick Member

I use Desert Dawgs they serve the purpose and were relatively cheap but high quality and are easy on/off.

Lookin at my Avatar I see I need to update my pic and ride info..... Wide Glide is long gone now roll on a 07 Street Glide.

7. hapbob

hapbob Member

Classicryder sent you a P.M.
    Hap

8. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Member

I asked for a set of Desert Dawgs for my birthday back in August, have ridden with them now in both cold and rain. I am very pleased with them :D

9. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Active Member

Check out EBay

Check out E-BAy member fairingmega Has lowers made of ABS and I they look pretty nice Some bidders have won them for $281.00 plus 19.00 Shipping

Happy New Year
    BuffaloBILL

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  10. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Active Member

Ebay Item

Item number: 130349001032

Here is the item number on EBay
    Shoulfd you beinterested
    Bill