free website stats program after market fairings for a Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

after market fairings for a Road King

Before you do anything, Talk to Woody at Woody's Fairing. He's a one man shop. But he has designed and built for the major players in the fair market.

He will work with you from a bare fairing to fully loaded with everything you want a about 1/2 the price of the major players.

motorcycle fairings for VTX, Valkyrie, Road King & Heritage Softail
Amen.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I went to Memphis Shades Batwing

and doubt I'd ever go back to just a windshield again. It's just a fiberglass shield with no backing like some, but it's very light and easy to remove when washing. You can even get a variable pitch mounting hardware for adjusting the angle of attack.

Attachments

• FLHR tour pak 005.jpg
    FLHR tour pak 005.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 59
I two have a Deadcenter fairing for my 02 RKC, and I love it. It goes on just like the detachable windshield, and locks, I never take it off now that i have it Deadcenter Fairings great workmanship :newsmile036:

Attachments

• 2002 RoadKing.jpg
    2002 RoadKing.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 64
A few pictures of the Kuryakyn fairing on a 2001 Road King Classic...

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 61
dochawg01,

any issue with vibration at idle with the kuryakyn? its a nice fit, the only negative thing i have heard from an owner of one is that compared to his buddy dragon fly his viabrates more at idle, he also has a 103" could be excessive engine vibration compared to my stock 96.

Has anyone ever had any handling issues with a aftermarket fairing??

I purchased a RK with a aftermarket fairing on it (one of the popular brands)..the bike handled poorly...like a loose front wheel...I end up spending $400.00 on a Glide Pro kit..which I probably needed anyhow....checked the alignment of everything and still had poor handling.

Yesterday morning...I removed the fairing and reinstalled the HD windshield....yep, you guessed it...handles like a dream...riding is enjoyable again!!

I love the look...but I'll take the handling!!

Aftermarket fairings can save you money but there can be drawbacks to them sometimes in the mount angle. Even the new Road glides have been redesigned with 2* more down slope in the fairing to help in the high speed handling.

Back