free website stats program After market exhaust baffles? | Harley Davidson Forums

After market exhaust baffles?

hsoj10

Anyone know where I can find after market baffles for my Vance and Hines Classic slip ons? The mufflers are 4 inch OD, cant seem to find anyone who sells baffles for these. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Call V&H or Big City thunder and ask the experts that answer the phone, they will tell you if they have em and if not who will. And if I am not mistaken...I am new to this wrenching stuff...the baffles are not necessarily dependant on the outside diameter, I just tonight, installed Rush 3 1/2 inch slashdowns with 2" baffles on my 08 Softail, and I have the option to go up to 2 1/2 or down to 1 1/2 if I want to by the kits what ever you do, remember you probably want to stay around the 1 3/4-2" range for the back flow...Good Luck.

V&H has the 'Quiet baffle' for many of their pipes, including for the twin slash round slip-ons; V&H part no 21892. The pipes have the same diameter as yours, and I would assume they fit.
Give them a call to ask if these baffles fit - and post it here afterwards (I believe I have the same pipes as you do, and I am considering to quiet them down a bit)

Call V&H or Big City thunder and ask the experts that answer the phone, they will tell you if they have em and if not who will. And if I am not mistaken...I am new to this wrenching stuff...the baffles are not necessarily dependant on the outside diameter, I just tonight, installed Rush 3 1/2 inch slashdowns with 2" baffles on my 08 Softail, and I have the option to go up to 2 1/2 or down to 1 1/2 if I want to by the kits what ever you do, remember you probably want to stay around the 1 3/4-2" range for the back flow...Good Luck.

The 4 inches that i am refering to is the diameter of the muffler, not the length of the baffle.

Right, the baffle goes inside the muffler, I am new but figured that out on my own lol. Point was, though probably poorly made, that there should be a selection of baffles that will fit inside your pipes.

I put thunder city baffles in mine but they weren't in the muffler part, they were in the tail end of the exhaust, they gave me the sound that I was looking for.

I did look on their site but did not see any baffles for mufflers this large. Their baffles were all smaller then 3 inch. Unless I am mistaken.

What is the ID of the pipes? You can install smaller diameter baffles if need be

Back