free website stats program AFR / Heat Question | Harley Davidson Forums

AFR / Heat Question

RoadTramp

I have an 08 Street Glide. I do not have the Stage I flash.

I put the NightRider Xied's on it and the mileage went down the tubes. I installed a V & H True Dual Big Shot exhaust and it runs great and gets 40 mpg.

The question is thisL I have a Big Sucker A/C unit to install. Will the XIED's keep it from running too lean? I am saving the bucks for a PCIII and will install that but would like her to breath a bit better.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

The XIEDS will maintain the 13.8 fuel mixture in the closed loop position. Pipes and air cleaner do not make lean condition with XIEDS. 07 and newer bikes with Delfi EFI compensate and maintain 14.6 fuel mixture even with slip ons and air cleaner. The nice thing about XIEDS is it does not piggy back on the ecm. I am very happy with the XIEDS on my 103 Ultra Limited. :bigsmiley11: Remember, the richer the fuel does'nt mean better performance.

I have an 08 Street Glide. I do not have the Stage I flash.

I put the NightRider Xied's on it and the mileage went down the tubes. I installed a V & H True Dual Big Shot exhaust and it runs great and gets 40 mpg.
The question is thisL I have a Big Sucker A/C unit to install. Will the XIED's keep it from running too lean? I am saving the bucks for a PCIII and will install that but would like her to breath a bit better.
Thanks for your help.
Mike
MIKE
40 MPG SOUNDS REALLY RICH TO ME.... I would SUGGEST a TFI before $$$ for PCIII.

TFI= 255$ and get a discount for being a HDT member, or BIG$ if military..

THE STOCK OUT THE DOOR bike GETS 46/48 AND YOU GETTING 40 .......

I WOULD GO WITH THE AIR TO LEAN IT OUT AND I DOUBT IF YOU WOULD BE TOO LEAN, Judging just by the mileage....

I BET THE MILEAGE WILL IMPROVE with the AIR....

IT SHOULD GET 45+ WITHOUT A PROBLEM UNLESS YOUR A TWIST THE THROTTLE GUY....

I have a full stage one on my 09 FLHR and get 45/46 constant using a programable TFI from dobecks...AND the best setting WAS (IS) the one they SUGGESTED!

MAY I SAY HERE , ABOUT THE **** TFI **** "I SWEAR BY IT NOT AT IT"

signed....BUBBIE

Back