free website stats program Afew pics from Ireland. And hp question | Harley Davidson Forums

Afew pics from Ireland. And hp question

eire1400

Some pics of my 98 heritage. Big growler 'down and out' pipes & 17 inch 1 1/4 custom chrome bars. taken in East Cork last Sunday evening. (t'is getting cold over here now)
Like the look of it now but would like to get some more Hp out of it.
where's the best place to start? What have people on here done? and in what order? Not got a blank cheque book either tho!!! thanks Shane.

Attachments

• DSCF1699.JPG
    DSCF1699.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1700.JPG
    DSCF1700.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF1701.JPG
    DSCF1701.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 45
Hi Ireland
Very cool looking ride!
Looks like a carbed EVO. If it is, a good cam (Andrews EV27 or 46), pipes (you need larger volume mufflers to gain power: Cycle Shack, Bassani, V&H, Supertrapp all have good performance stuff) and A/C (S-E or other) and rejetting of carb (sporty needle, 45 slow jet, 180/185 main jet probably).
You should see 10-15 HP gain with the right combo (up from 60?).
I got one of your fellow countrymen residing in my house, btw (not sure if the picture shows:)

Some pics of my 98 heritage. Big growler 'down and out' pipes & 17 inch 1 1/4 custom chrome bars. taken in East Cork last Sunday evening. (t'is getting cold over here now)
Like the look of it now but would like to get some more Hp out of it.
where's the best place to start? What have people on here done? and in what order? Not got a blank cheque book either tho!!! thanks Shane.

Nice looking ride! I've got a '94 Heritage and I have added free flowing exhaust with thunder monster baffels(Python Pipes), K&N AC, Andrews EV27 cam, Dyna 2000 ignition, and I reworked the CV carb. Engine is making 72HP and 76 Lb. Torque. Bike is very quick for 700lbs of Iron. Welcome to the forum.

Ok, that was obviously too diffcult for me - here we go again (poor quality, but I am guessing you'll get he point):
IMG_0084small.jpg

Hi Shane
Thanks - yours too! It's not really far btw, as I'm in Norway.
I have a K&N filter and modified A/C. I removed an internal restrictor plate, but believe newer EVO's are different and more restricitve. Still, you can drill some holes in the backing plate, but I suggest you do a search for more details. Just make sure the outside dirty air has to go through the filter...
The S-E A/C has a better shaped backing plate/guide, making the air flow more laminar (or less turbulent, if you like). Not sure if it makes much difference until you're going for serious performance, though, just don't leave the backing plate (or box) stock. If I were you, I'd probably order one of the two cams I mentioned, new Torrington cam bearing, a 42, 45 & 48 slow jet; 180, 185, 190 main jet and that Sporty needle (HD# 27094-88). With a K&N filter and newfound knowledge to tune the carb (do a search on this forum;) you should have solid performance improvement

Back