free website stats program Advise please! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advise please!

I use a sheepskin when it's real hot or cold out. Works good but kind of a pain when stopping as I don't mount it with straps or anything. But it's great when riding.

Air Hawk works for me and also Monkey Butt or Gold Bond powder
kemo

Yaaa monkey butt, and, the beaded seat cover is nice too. And bermuda shorts are nice but I once got a bee up the leg and was not a happy camper, ouch!!!

Best thing you can do is to get synthetic underwear. There are many brands out there, and almost all of them work very well. They will draw the moisture away from your skin to prevent getting a rash. Next, get some airflow around your bottom. For this, the Bead Rider seat pad is king. If it is not uncomfortable for you, it is tough to beat. A million cab drivers can't all be wrong. Finally, if you still have a problem, one of the anti-rash powders such as Gold Bond or Anti-Monkey Butt work well.

Sometimes it is important to remove the root cause of the problem...no more fried thighs...

egblac5.jpg

http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/9179-heat_deflectors.html

Another VOTE here for the sheep skin cover, It does the job, In fact my wife loved it so much we had the back rest covered too..

Actually the sheep skin cover with gel padding does have a side benefit of being warm in the winter and cooler in the summer.

Check out American Motorcycle Specialties: http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

Nice thing was that they are local here in SoCal in Thousand Oaks just up the road...not a bad deal for me anyways...

~$70-$90 or less with HD 20% OFF discount.

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

If worried about the rain, they are held on by velcro nylon strip and are removable...and just throw them in the bags.

Just my 2cents worth;
I stretch my legs out on my forward controls(3inch) and the wind goes up my pant legs almost like a fan blowing. I live in daytona and have no problems with swampbutt!!!! lol sorry for your pain.

Back