free website stats program Advice please | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice please

blues821

I'm thinkin of doing a trip on my 07 RKC......Bike runs great , good oil pressure, no issues to speak of and its well maintained but Id still like alittle cushion to fall back on .......Should I join HOG or AAA as my raodside assitence ....

Keith

AAA Road Side Assistance for RV & Motorcycles a bit more per year about $50 but worth it...just a tow on a radio dispatched flat bed without, for 30 miles cost $350 and was fortunate to get to an HD dealer before he closed. Just the thought of a breakdown on a moonless night, out of cell phone range is something I would rather NOT worry about. Especially Worth the investment...if riding two-up and a breakdown were to occur, THAT would be over the top...!

I had to have my Buell brought home on 2 flat beds and across the US-Canada border. Bike broke down in Romeo Mi, called AAA and they dispatced a flat bed that took us to Port Huron Mi duty free parking lot. Had to call CAA in Sarnia Ontario to send another flat bed over the border to pick me up. There was no charge, they even paid the bridge toll. Don't leave home without it.
kemo

Check with your insurance company. I have Progressive and they have a roadside assistance package, I think it was an extra $10.

Knock on wood, I haven't had to use it and hope I never do.

Dave

Check with your insurance company. I have Progressive and they have a roadside assistance package, I think it was an extra $10.

Knock on wood, I haven't had to use it and hope I never do.

Dave

I have Progressive and I think they have an outstanding plan. Considering all they do, it is very cheap as well.

Suggestion::::

Check to see what plan You have First.... Like said, You may be covered under your insurance.....
I only used HOG when I Never had coverage... HOG membership paid ONLY 100$ and my tow was 250$$ so make sure the Limits are what You Want.. Still better than nothing.....
The break-downs may only happen Once in a long while, But usually when in the middle of a trip!!!!!!

I like the plans that give Unlimited tow to a HD service center and The putting you and passenger into a motel is great Also!!!

I have never had AAA but sounds like I'll look into that....
So thanks ALSO for the suggestion here.....

signed....BUBBIE:D

Back