free website stats program Advice on new grips? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice on new grips?

I have a set of the Get-A-Grips. Been riding Harley's for the last 20+ years and find the grips the best yet. Not only are they very comfortable, but more importantly, in the rain they retain their traction and don't become slippery. Great product. A+

I like the way they look. They come in regular and "magnum" diameter.
Which ones are you running?

Thinking that a thicker grip is easier on your hands. Less chance for cramps on those long runs? Unless you have smaller than average hands.

The ailerons don't hit the hand funny at different part throttle positions? I guess not with the number of riders that approve of them. Why I considered a more constant shaped one.

Like glider indicated - Aileron grips are ergo shaped so they're shaped to fit natural hand position while gripping bar. Really like the style & feel & still look new after two years of abuse. I might try Avon grips when these wear out, but that could be awhile...

I installed Get-A-Grips on my UC last summer and think they are the best grips I've ever used. They are comfortable for the long haul with any glove and don't get slippery when wet.

Put black standard get-a-grip on my bike. Left next day on a trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway and back. Hands cramped the whole trip. Came back and replaced with magnum size. Magnum get-a-grip are the best grips I have ever used since I bought my first Harley in 1976.

Put black standard get-a-grip on my bike. Left next day on a trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway and back. Hands cramped the whole trip. Came back and replaced with magnum size. Magnum get-a-grip are the best grips I have ever used since I bought my first Harley in 1976.

That little bit of extra diameter works wonders against cramps I believe.
The extra size probably did not make a noticeable "reach" difference for clutch and brake?

Thanks for the review!

Dr.D has the right idea regarding the use of your gloves...but don't forget to use with your summer gloves as well. Remember, very few riders change grips when the seasons change, but the gloves do. Also don't forget that H-D grips are typically 1" to 1 1/4" in diameter verses metric bikes which are 7/8"...so they are already "man sized"...the look and feel are up to you.:D

Back