free website stats program Advice on Coastal Maine trip | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice on Coastal Maine trip

Yeah.....my son can't wait to use his camera. I'll post some when we get back.
It would be nice to see those pics. Although I live in Mass. too, I rarely go to Maine. It's a big state! We do mostly Vt. & NH. ( and of course R.I.) so any pictures that you take will be appreciated. Have fun and ride safe!!

Last edited:
Here is one picture of Nubble Light with my son. I will write a description of the trip later today. Just spent about 15 minutes writing it up typing live into HDTALKING and got timed out! :I'll type one up in a word and cut and paste later today!

(

I’ll post some more pix on this reply.

Anyway the trip was amazing. Weather could not have been more cooperative! Mid 70’s for highs and even a little cool in the mornings.

Areas / places I would recommend include:
1. Biddeford Pool…..great scenery and had good burgers and ice tea at FO Goldthwaits. It is a small store / take out place at the end of the road to the pool.
2. Nubble Light is awesome and you can’t ride up the coast without stopping there for a break and pix!
3. Roads to take are 103 from the Maine boarder up to the York Beach area as well as route 9! Both have some rougher stretches but most of the routes are nice meandering corners along the coast!
4. Recommend hitting Bailey Island for sure……there is a pull off at Mackerel Cove for pix and riding all the way to the end of the island on 24 is a great experience. The cribstone bridge is a trip! It is the only bridge I have been on that has corners and hill tops! Cool!
5. Bucks Naked BBQ in Freeport……decent BBQ for this area. Guess I’ve been spoiled by my time spent down south with the Army. BBQ is just better down there but Bucks is good enough! Also they have a bike night on Wednesdays……I missed it by a day!

Areas / places I would not go back to:
1. Little John Island…….lots of scenery but no place to really pull over to enjoy it. Np public parking that I could find. Would skip that next time and find another island to try out!

The best part of the trip was spending it with my son! We looked at maps ahead of time….picked the places and roads we wanted to hit and made it happen! We looked over the maps on our rest stops and he even helped me find the roads when we were underway! It was a team effort and he is a great kid! Anyway here are some pix:

SDC10878.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10877.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10876.jpg
[/IMG]

And some more:

SDC10875.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10872.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10871.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10865.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10854.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10853.jpg
[/IMG]

SDC10845.jpg
[/IMG]

We took many more pix but those are the highlights! Thanks again everyone for the advice and the well wishes!

Really nice pics!
"The best part of the trip was spending it with my son! We looked at maps ahead of time….picked the places and roads we wanted to hit and made it happen! We looked over the maps on our rest stops and he even helped me find the roads when we were underway! It was a team effort and he is a great kid!" And you had memories to share for a lifetime with him! Thanks for sharing. I looked at them all.

Back