free website stats program advice on 06 thru 09 pro and con of years | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

advice on 06 thru 09 pro and con of years

I have to vote no contest on the '09 because of all the great upgrades. Compare with some test rides and look at the 180 rear tire buuuut you'll pay more.

Also, if you can afford one of the newer machines, you'll never be sorry for having the 6 gal. tank, 07 and newer, I believe.

I went through the same decision last year... I determined the max I could spend, and got the most bike for that amount. I really wanted an 09, but the only thing that came close to my budget was an Electra Glide Standard with quite a few miles on it. After getting estimates to add a radio and cruise control to the Standard, it just didn't make financial sense.

I finally ended up with my 07 Classic... Although I know the new frame is a huge improvement, this was my first touring bike, and I love it. I know I won't get as much next year when I'm ready to trade up, but I'm not into it for nearly as much either.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I have 06 Electra Glide Standard. Got it this January with 4,000 miles on it. I put the biketronics package on it. Sounds great by the way. I just installed the tweeter bar sounds even better. I added a fuel pak and 2.25 Rush slip ons. When I bought it the bike had a stage 1 conversion with SE slip ons. I like the rush pipes better. Anyways back to the topic. I was getting work done and I had a loner from HD 2009 Street Glide with 10,000 miles on it. I honestly thought my bike was faster and rode better. This Street Glide was stock though so it seemed like a dog since it wasn't opened up. I have my bike now and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Maybe the street glide was beat on but my 06 electra glide is a better ride in my opinion. My OL likes the 06 better also says it rides better. Just my opinion..

Ok, so I'm new to the forum and need some advice on exhaust systems. My buddy rides an 06 Road Glide w/ 88ci and found some stock 02 Fatboy exhaust. His question is, if he buys the stock Fatboy's will they fit on his 06 road glide? thanks all.

If he can weld and change the mounting system and some other mods like re-bending the pipes to fit, they could fit but there wouldn't be much left of the original system.

All kidding aside, I would bypass that system and look for something that would work. Totally different systems.

When I bought in May 2009, both 08s & 09s were available, and $ was not an issue. I rode both and preferred the 08 (which I bought). The 08 was lighter and lower (as per the specs), plus the seat was much more comfortable. The dealer said the first thing 2009 owners did was change the seat or have it modded. For some reason, paying that much for a bike and having to mod it to make it comfortable went against my nature. So I got the 08, didn't hurt that it came with a lot of extras and thousands less (again, $ wasn't a player, but still...). I have enjoyed it for 33K, and have no desire to "upgrade" to a hotter, taller, and heavier bike, new frame notwithstanding. BTW, I am 5'10" and 165 lbs, so if you are larger none of that may be applicable to you. And yes, I know about good handling bikes, 2 BMWs in my past.

Back