free website stats program Advice for Two up Riding ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice for Two up Riding ?

been going left & right in circles at times full handlebar lock , scary at 1st. also practice u turns..sunday am. in deserted parking lot..it gets fun...

Also, if your clutch is adjusted to the standard "1/2 turn out" at the clutch hub, the clutch is sort of an on/off switch. Adjusting it to maybe 3/4 or a tad more than 1/2 turn out may help you with your friction zone control.

Like some others have mentioned, practice plays a big part and going slow is a perishable skill. I actually practice this skill doing figure 8's across four parking spaces (2x2) just using the clutch (no brake assistance). Now I just typically do a couple of minutes when I feel like it since I have put so much time into it already.

Great tips from everyone. I really liked RichardS's tips. The only question I have is "can this be accomplished on a stock bike"? hahahahahahahaha I couldn't resist! I suppose no self respecting chick is gonna want to ride on a stocker...Maybe that's why the wife won't hop on?

You are much more brave than I am....
I would never have the guts to type ANYTHING that contains WIFE and WEIGHT in the same sentence, for fear my wife would at some point see it!!!!!:s
Right you are Porter! That is one subject that I don't even talk about with my wife. If she read this forum I would prefer 100 yards of road rash:s to her wrath!!

I have the same concerns. I have even had my dang foot slide when parking and the bike lean over -- it is a terrible load to have to hold up - the bike, me and my wife!!! Well, my answer to - at least some of that - is to have her just get off the bike, then make my turns or back up into a parking space or whatever. I believe RichardS indicated some of the same things. Its just way safer with the wife safely standing there watching rather than sitting on back there while IM doing all the work. I am OK with that - Im not proud - hummmm although there was this one time wayyyyy back in my younger days , I just parked a bike over on its side and reached down to shut it off and left it there - being cool. The parking lot in front of this little dairy queen had just been graveled and man was it thick - the bike just slowly fell over while I was driving it up to the window!!!! I just left it there as if I parked it there!! hehhe

Bill

Back