Advice(clutch adjustment)

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by diver4life, May 22, 2010.

1. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Hello there. Ok I installed a drag bar on my new Dyna, some how I ended up messing with clutch adjustment because I though that there was something wrong( I was Just Tired). I'm already adjusted the clutch( I think is working ) but my question is if I have to take the bike to the dealer to do some adjustment on the clutches inside. My bikes is brand new, just asking because I saw a video that the guy says that have to adjust the clutches inside the primary + cable clutch adjustment. Sorry for the dumb question.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Diver4life, likely when you changed to the drag bar, you may have misadjusted the cable or kinked the sheath, look very carefully at what you did first, did you lay the lead dress as it was.

Did you cross over anything that would be binding cable or sheath when it crosses the frame and down the side? Also, when you replaced bar did you collapse the adjuster and is it "about where it was..."? Is the new bar lower/higher or about the same as the OEM bar?

4. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

So that means that, even if I just touched the clutch adjustment I have to open the primary cover and adjust the clutches?

I mean, I touched the cable clutch adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
  5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Collapsing the cable adjuster should be all that is needed to replace bars. Shouldn't need to go into the primary at all.

6. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Thats all I need to know, thanks Glider!

Glider you are the BEST, MAN!

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
  7. glider

glider Veteran Member

8. diver4life

diver4life Active Member

Thanks for youre response NewHD, you guys from this forum are a lot of help for those who are starting with Harley's.