free website stats program Advice before buying a 2009 Dyna Super Glide! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Advice before buying a 2009 Dyna Super Glide!

Don't be at all alarmed by a warm or Hot battery after trying to charge it. Likely if the Bike sat out in the sun or the cold not only was the battery dead but also it probably had enough electrolyte evaporate to make the battery defective with bare plates. 9K is a very competitive price for an 09 with only 1200 miles. Like others have said if you can take care of the Cosmetics yourself it would be a real good price. I wouldn't be too worried about the Moisture in the Crankcase as it was very seldom Run and hot cold cycling brings on Moisture.....Change fluids and look for whitish or cream colored fluid...that would be the moisture accumulated.

I run a 2009 FXDC and it continues to be a very nice RIDE.

GARY

You may want to go through the break-in procedure also. It is in the owners manual. Batterymart has good prices on batteries. I agree with the previous members about oil changes.

The OP has some excellent points on this thread to aid him in his decision. I would like to add that for $9000 (If I had the money) I personally would be VERY INTERESTED in an 09 Dyna.

But I would also want to check it out since really for that low a miles that price is kinda low and would just want to verify why. A low price doesn't "always" mean anything bad (or unfixable). It could just mean the old guy wants to sell it and doesn't want to waste alot of time and talk.

I guess its all about what the op prioritizes as his wants and needs in a bike. The it falls on his abilities to change what he does not like and whether his pockets are deep enough to effect the desired change.

Most of us buy and bike and begin our odyssey toward our 'ideal' bike. This usually entails replacing parts, so maybe this fits into that pocket.

Good luck with your decision and potential purchase.

Back