free website stats program Adjusting shocks question | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting shocks question

RAWLDYMAN

I'm trying to adjust the shocks on my SportyL using the tool I got from HD and have hit a snag. The bike is fitted with chrome saddlebag supports which are getting in the way - when I get the tool engaged with the slots on the shock I can't get leverage to turn it because it hits the legs of the chrome support.
Just looking at the manual I see that it specifies a spanner wrench but the one I was sold is more like a "scissor" type appliance. Could this be the problem?
Surely you don't have to remove the saddlebag supports every time you need to adjust shocks??
Would appreciate any advice out there.... Thanks

I'm trying to adjust the shocks on my SportyL using the tool I got from HD and have hit a snag. The bike is fitted with chrome saddlebag supports which are getting in the way - when I get the tool engaged with the slots on the shock I can't get leverage to turn it because it hits the legs of the chrome support.
Just looking at the manual I see that it specifies a spanner wrench but the one I was sold is more like a "scissor" type appliance. Could this be the problem?
Surely you don't have to remove the saddlebag supports every time you need to adjust shocks??
Would appreciate any advice out there.... Thanks

Get a different wrench,,,,, The one you want is 1/2 of the wrench they sold you.... The scissor is tooooooo big.....

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie... I would'nt mind only that the shop guy knows my bike & the way it's set up - yet he still sold me the wrong tool!! Must have a chat with him...

I made one in my fab shop. If you can't find one let me know and I'll send you the one I have . I don't need it anymore

This is the type you need...

Shockspanner.jpg

pgcris:

That really is most kind of you to offer - a very nice gesture indeed, however, the dealer has undertaken to replace the one I have, with the correct tool. Thank you and I must say that your offer to do that speaks volumes about the type of really decent people you meet on this forum.

To others:

Many thanks for your advice - it's really appreciated.

pgcris:

That really is most kind of you to offer - a very nice gesture indeed, however, the dealer has undertaken to replace the one I have, with the correct tool. Thank you and I must say that your offer to do that speaks volumes about the type of really decent people you meet on this forum.

To others:

Many thanks for your advice - it's really appreciated.

I only have one request,,, Can You KISS the Blarney Stone for Me????

I could use a little Luck of the Irish over Here... THANKS!!!!

signed....BUBBIE

Back