free website stats program Adjusting shocks on 13 Heritage? | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting shocks on 13 Heritage?

Rafaelw

Wanted to adjust for passanger driving , dealership told me they shouldn't be adjusted?
WAP.gif

Just read your owners manual and don't go more turns than the reccomended settings. I also have a 13 heritage and mine was way too stiff when I bought it.
I adjusted mine down with no problem. I just put a piece of tape on the cylinders so I tell how many turns I made. Also, I did it with the bike on the side stand.

Just read your owners manual and don't go more turns than the reccomended settings. I also have a 13 heritage and mine was way too stiff when I bought it.
I adjusted mine down with no problem. I just put a piece of tape on the cylinders so I tell how many turns I made. Also, I did it with the bike on the side stand.

I have posted on here about this same thing earlier. I REALLY have difficulty (read impossible) to adjust the shocks on my 2001 Heritage. I wont rewrite all the other posts here but I will re-state -- the spanner wrench would NOT turn without hitting the frame. Plus the holes are at 0-90-180-270, so you can ONLY turn shock in quarter turn increments. HOW did you adjust your shocks.

Thanks so much,
Bill

If that's the case I'd ask the dealer why HD sells this,

Shock Adjustment Spanner-94448-82B | Tools Gauges | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

The shocks on the 13 model are the same as the part # on the 08 Heritage I used to have and yes, adjusting the shocks for differing weights is a good idea.

The dealership stated its not a good idea because they have seen cases where something broke,, i dont recall the exact wording they used, but just said they should be left alone how it came from the factory. I do not understand IF they are adjustable, and the manual says it's ADJUSTABLE.

I have posted on here about this same thing earlier. I REALLY have difficulty (read impossible) to adjust the shocks on my 2001 Heritage. I wont rewrite all the other posts here but I will re-state -- the spanner wrench would NOT turn without hitting the frame. Plus the holes are at 0-90-180-270, so you can ONLY turn shock in quarter turn increments. HOW did you adjust your shocks.

Thanks so much,
Bill

I don't know how an 02 is but here are a few pics of mine with spanner wrench attached to shock. Before you attempt to turn shock, you have to loosen the big nut right in front of the shock. To loosen the big nut you have to put a wrench on the little nut in front of the crossmember. I think I can only turn at quarter turns also, that's why I put a piece of tape on the shock. So I could tell when I went a full turn. Had to wear a thick leather glove to turn the spanner wrench cause it digs into your palm pretty hard. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 015a.jpg
    015a.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 016a.jpg
    016a.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 017a.jpg
    017a.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 19
Back