free website stats program Adjusting Shocks for 2up | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting Shocks for 2up

Should be a collar that turns, you may need a spanner wrench made for the collar. I would think that 2 up on that bike should need a stiffer adjustment setting.

Usually but not always. Some have the adjuster at the top that is threaded. Look at the bottom of the shock and look for the the graduated ramps that would compress the spring as you turn it. That's the adjuster and you should see either holes or serrations for a shock spanner to turn it. With a good pair of hands you can do it by hand.:D

Hobbit, any suggestions on a lift for the bike, some that work better than others? I'm sure you can always pay for top of the line, but in your experience, what's the best bang for your buck that will be useful for me in the years to come as I continue to make mods?

Thanks again for all your help!

How do you adjust the shocks on a 2007 1200C when you want to ride 2up? Do you have to?

HD dealer has the spanner that fits both HD OEM and aftermarket Progressive shocks (many riders switch to due to popular demand...and won't scratch up the finish for $10...:s Crank up the preload when riding two'up, especially if you have lowered suspension. Bottoming out is hard on rider and passenger...!

Back