free website stats program Adjusting fuel and air flow | Harley Davidson Forums

Adjusting fuel and air flow

ROV1234

I have a 2005 FatBoy FLSTF, just about to buy the VH Pro Pipe 2-1 and a performance air cleaner, I know I will need to adjust the fuel and air flows, I have done a bit of my own research but still not sure which unit to buy, I will say that I would like the freedom to have my bike tuned down the road for other work I may do later to the engine, so I'm guessing that VH fuel Pak would be out....what about the Power Commander or the TTS Mastertuner???? Can anybody recommend something for me that will work well and be reliable so I don't have all these problems that others have???

Thanking You in Advance....Confused...

I have a 2005 FatBoy FLSTF, just about to buy the VH Pro Pipe 2-1 and a performance air cleaner, I know I will need to adjust the fuel and air flows, I have done a bit of my own research but still not sure which unit to buy, I will say that I would like the freedom to have my bike tuned down the road for other work I may do later to the engine, so I'm guessing that VH fuel Pak would be out....what about the Power Commander or the TTS Mastertuner???? Can anybody recommend something for me that will work well and be reliable so I don't have all these problems that others have???

Welcome to The Forum Harley Davidson Community Have a look here and remember you get the H D Talking discount:D

The Dobeck Gen 4 is perfected right now.... Check out that unit.

You can adjust the fuel in 3 modes and get power when cracking the throttle,while not running Lean...

Cruising, you can set the AFR leaning it out to get GREAT fuel mileage...

I got 50 miles per gallon on a long two day travel, mostly doing 65/68 mile pr-hour on two lane roads from lower Az. into N M, over the last two days of running, I could NOT believe the Mileage...

My 09 FLHR King, stage one plus SE255 cams, running cool and setting the AFR on the cruise from 14 (getting 47 mpg) to 15 on this cruise, giving me the 50 mile per gallon.:D At NO TIME did I lack Power NOR too lean or Hot.

Cracking the throttle at any time,,,, It is set to run at 12.5 AFR and does it MOVE...

Man AM I HAPPY with this unit.

I have been doing BETA for the Dobeck Co. on this Gen 4 unit. Many Changes made to work Properly on my bike....(and Now Yours)

They Have FINALLY Hit a Home Run with this Gen 4 In My Book.:D

Check it out and IF you order, Don't forget the HDT discount...

Phone orders only will recieve the Discount.

877-764-3337
406-388-2377

Tell them BUBBIE sent you...Cause he was HAPPY and Pleased.....:D

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks guys greatly appreciated, I just joined this site a few days ago and so glad I did, I can not believe the amount of info I've read, great to have feedback from guys with your experiences...:) There is ssooo much info and opinions in this area concerning the Stage 1 upgrade, hard to take it all in esp. when everybody has so many different opinions, BUT overall my experience from this site is right on.....thanks again for your input.......

If Stage I, or maybe Stage I plus a set of mile cams; Bubbie is spot on. However, more aggressive cam profiles, head work and more compression will require timing changes to fine tune the configuration. The Dobeck, or like units cannot make timing changes. IMHO, the TTS Mastertune is the current state of the art. Developed by Steve Cole, the developer of the SERT; the TTS is a more user friendly upgrade to the SERT. The VTune feature allows the user to "self tune" by riding, recording and making simplet adjustments. Not a dyno tune but a good tune.

So, if you more aggressive cams, head work and/or more compression in your future, bear that in mind.

What are your feelings on the Thunder Max, I've read both pros and cons, BUT more pros, I live in an area where the dealers don't have dynos, so the self tune is what I am after.....

What are your feelings on the Thunder Max, I've read both pros and cons, BUT more pros, I live in an area where the dealers don't have dynos, so the self tune is what I am after.....

No experience with the TMax but have never been comfortable with the concept; a tuner that tunes itself. I have read the pros and cons as well but would opt for the TTS. Have not read any cons to the TTS; cheaper and the VTune feature is easy to learn. There is a VTune for Dummies/Without a Dyno available online and if you can read and have a basic mastery of a laptop; you can learn to tune the motor yourself. TTS customer service is great and they have a library of maps to get you started. Additionally, if you ever do get the chance to put the bike on a dyno, a good operator can dial it in with precision. JMHO.

Back