Adjusting brake pedal position-FXDL

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by flyin64, Apr 16, 2009.

1. flyin64

flyin64 Member

My recent forward controls feel great but I wanted to know- can I adjust the position of the pedal? I would like it slightly clockwise so that I can smoothly rotate my foot to the left with less flexing of my foot/toes. My dealer installed them for me.

Cheers to all

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Shifter side is adjustable but I don't think there are many brake sides that are adjustable. Check the link where it comes off the pedal, If memory serves me correctly on that year dyna, there should be a tiny bit of adjustment by adjusting the rod length where it travels back to the cylinder itself. That should be the one with the long activating fod.

3. flyin64

flyin64 Member

thanks buddy - i will check it out. i am a new rider so i bet once i get used to it i will rotate onto the brake no problems. i noticed i ribbed the left side of my boot on the edge of the pedal so i may not have been sliding my foot around enough.

peace

4. jaxdwg

jaxdwg Active Member

I have an 02 wide glide and it has a stud with locknut down by the master cylinder. I just pull the pin and loosen the jam nut and adjust the pedal to where I want it. follow the push rod of the brake pedal back towards the master cylinder and see if your' is that way too-----jack