free website stats program adjustable pushrods ... or not | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

adjustable pushrods ... or not

adjustable pushrods ... or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was my understanding that you would use adj. push rods if you don't want to remove the top part of the motor, you cut the old ones out, do your cam work, put adjustable's in, set them and your done. Is this correct?

If I were paying for the work myself and the cams or lifters needed to be looked at, I would have the old pushrods cut out and replaced with adjustable. The time in labor saved to R & R the rocker boxes would pay for the new pushrods. Not to mention should there be a next time service would be even easier.

I was under the understanding that there is a difference between adjustable pushrods and timesaver pushrods. Timesavers have a longer thread shank so you can adjust all the way up and remove them without removing the rocker boxes and adjustables don't.:swoon

The adjustables i put in you can put them in with out opening the rocker boxs they are basically the same thing time saver and adjustabloe just diff names from diff companys im sure

I was under the understanding that there is a difference between adjustable pushrods and timesaver pushrods. Timesavers have a longer thread shank so you can adjust all the way up and remove them without removing the rocker boxes and adjustables don't.:swoon
I think all S/E makes anymore are quick installs, I like the Screamin’ Eagle Premium Tapered Quick-Install Adjustable Pushrods they cost about $15.00 more but the taperd end gives more room where they go through the heads so they work with higher lift cams, they have a white dot so I don't have to mark them while adjusting plus the nuts have four flats to reduce wrench swing and they come with required pushrod tubes. Different manufactures have different threads so always check who made them and what the adjustment is for those rods, they are not all the same.

Back