free website stats program adjustable pushrods ... or not | Harley Davidson Forums

adjustable pushrods ... or not

adjustable pushrods ... or not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fabrozor

Hi,

what are your arguments for, or against, stock pushrods replacement with adjustable pushrods ?

Thank you.

How often should adjustables be adjusted and when can you tell the first sign they need to be adjusted?

They shouldn't need any adjustment after they have been set, but it will start to tap if the lifter is going bad.
kemo

AA++ unless anythings not taken apart,no need to mess with.on a fresh motor rebuild,we`ll go back and readjust after about 500 miles,prolly not needed,but it dosnt hurt either.

fabrozor you made it hard for me to vote here buddy, I don't feel a need for adj. pushrods in a stock or mild motor but I feel the need for them when you are going into the cam dept, labor & top end gaskets will pay for them, plus the less times something has to be taken apart the better. Say a hydraulic lifter has 8 full turns in the hydraulic function, you adjust to the center point of 4 turns, that leaves 4 full turns shorter or longer before your rod is out of adjustment, that's pretty forgiving. The other thing I do like about custom fit push rods is you never have to worry about some youho not torturing the lock nut properly and the rod coming loose down the road.
So my answer to this poll is yes & no.

I vote for a must but its Kind of like chopper says it isnt a must unless your going into cam chest saves ya from splitting the rocker boxes

I do my own labor, few dollars for gaskets. I've done a set of bolt in cams (I only work on it in the winter) adj p-rods are a waste of my money.

Back