Adding a fairing on a Road King

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by mtmasean, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mtmasean

mtmasean Active Member

I am wanting to add a HD fairing to my 2002 RK so I can have a radio and have the street glide look too. I thought it was going to be easy until someone told me I would have to change my stock RK handle bars. My question is do I really need to do this? I wouldn't mind adding some mild ape hangers but I didn't want to do it right now. I would rather do it when I have a little more $$. Any help or feed back is appreciated.

PS my 100th post woohoo :D

2. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

4. mtmasean

mtmasean Active Member

Thanks for the links everyone, I'm going with stock HD fairing though.

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Question I have if using stock Electra Glide fairing, how are you going to encompass the fairing over the Kings headlight nacelle, and install fairing without attaching brackets and inner fairing???:s

6. JTs Dad

JTs Dad Member

Check out the jacksonville craigslist click on the motorcycle section, not sure what your looking to spend but there's a guy on there that sells the whole setup and installs fairings for RK's and others I think for just a little under a 1000...

7. HD99

HD99 Member

before you do anything check this out I have seen these in person . they use your same docking as the windshield. I have been putting back a few bucks each week for one of these. wideopencustom.com

mtmasean pm sent let me know if you dident get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  8. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

9. mtmasean

mtmasean Active Member

That's why I am sticking with a stock HD fairing. I'll use the head light on the fairing or at least I'm hoping that will work that way.

10. mtmasean

mtmasean Active Member

JTs Dad - thanks for the suggestion. I have been almost focused on Ebay for some reason and haven't even checked craigslist...

HD99 - Thanks for the link I PM'd you back.

Rich - nice looking bike