free website stats program Adding a fairing on a Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Adding a fairing on a Road King

mtmasean

I am wanting to add a HD fairing to my 2002 RK so I can have a radio and have the street glide look too. I thought it was going to be easy until someone told me I would have to change my stock RK handle bars. My question is do I really need to do this? I wouldn't mind adding some mild ape hangers but I didn't want to do it right now. I would rather do it when I have a little more $$. Any help or feed back is appreciated.

PS my 100th post woohoo :D

Question I have if using stock Electra Glide fairing, how are you going to encompass the fairing over the Kings headlight nacelle, and install fairing without attaching brackets and inner fairing???:s

Check out the jacksonville craigslist click on the motorcycle section, not sure what your looking to spend but there's a guy on there that sells the whole setup and installs fairings for RK's and others I think for just a little under a 1000...

before you do anything check this out I have seen these in person . they use your same docking as the windshield. I have been putting back a few bucks each week for one of these. wideopencustom.com

mtmasean pm sent let me know if you dident get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question I have if using stock Electra Glide fairing, how are you going to encompass the fairing over the Kings headlight nacelle, and install fairing without attaching brackets and inner fairing???:s

That's why I am sticking with a stock HD fairing. I'll use the head light on the fairing or at least I'm hoping that will work that way.

JTs Dad - thanks for the suggestion. I have been almost focused on Ebay for some reason and haven't even checked craigslist...

HD99 - Thanks for the link I PM'd you back.

Rich - nice looking bike

Back