free website stats program Added RAM and TomTom to my RG | Harley Davidson Forums

Added RAM and TomTom to my RG

Grillfish

Got a TomTom 330 for the holiday. I bought a RAM mount and here how it looks. I'll just use the cig lighter to power it (as the fairing doesn't move on the RG) and a baggie in case of rain.

I'll give it a try once the weather warms up some.

100_0139.jpg

Here is the little RAM mount. I was thinking of the clutch bracket mount, but went with this one that can be adjusted in many different ways.

100_0138.jpg

I bought the mount from these guys.. Garmin GPS, XM, Sirius, Magellan GPS, Lowrance GPS, TomTom GPS, MIO GPS & RAM GPS Mount Authorized Dealer at MountGuys.com

Great fast shipping and they have 10% off right now.

Ride safe and have fun!

I got an Garmin E-trex Legand for Christmas. I ordered a Ram Mount with the reservoir
mount from Amazon. It should arive in a couple of days.

I use the same setup on my bike and it is so good that you just forget it is there. Brilliant piece of design.

Cheers

Neil

What is everybody doing with the power cables? I have a RAM mount with the Aqua Box and I coiled the extra length of the cigarette power cable inside the box, but I am thinking about going with just the cradle on a RAM mount most of the time and keeping the Aqua Box for bad weather. Do they make a shorter cigarette power cable or are most of you direct wiring power?

On my RG, they have a glove box right above the cig lighter. Thus I coil up the extra and put it in there, leaving enough slack for full lock to lock turns.

I have a $100 Garmin Nuvi and I use the windshield mount that came with it and stick it to the speedo face on my 2000 FLHTC. The Nuvi has a speed indicator on it so I'm not loosing anything. It is the perfect location for viewing and you can even hear the voice prompts.

On my RG, they have a glove box right above the cig lighter. Thus I coil up the extra and put it in there, leaving enough slack for full lock to lock turns.

That's what I do. Made it all the way to Sturgis and back last year with this setup without any problem.

I also use a long arm to connect my RAM mount to my GPS unit. That moves the GPS unit up to the level of the air temperature gauge. That way, I don't have to lower my eyes from the road quite so much to see what is on the GPS. And not being able to see the air temp gauge is no great loss.

The past weekend rode down to south FL to visit family and 400 mile weekend ride using the GPS/RAM. The highway (95 south) had major construction and I took a few big hits during pavement transitions. The RAM mount and gps did awesome. I was worried it would fly off, but man the mounts are top notch.

Ride safe and have fun.

Back