free website stats program add on chrome | Harley Davidson Forums

add on chrome

rrenno

I'm going to add more chrome to engine area and transmission. Is their any problems with vibration or rattle? Any cons?

Thanks, rrenno

I have Harley mirrors and floor boards etc and the chrome is junk. The mirrors and floor boards are $200 a set and the chrome is peeling. I guess the Chineese are not the best chrome platers.
kemo

The chrome I'm getting is kuryakyn which they tell me it's good chrome.I guess I will see, hope it holds up.

I have all of the Kuryakyn parts you mentioned plus many more, my buddies call me the Kuryakyn poster boy! Quality and fitment are very good, I highly recommend all of their after market parts.
Take a look at the Panacea Tail Light System, a great look and highly improved visibility equating to increased safety.

I have Harley mirrors and floor boards etc and the chrome is junk. The mirrors and floor boards are $200 a set and the chrome is peeling. I guess the Chineese are not the best chrome platers.
kemo

I agree with Kemo, H D chrome and paint just aint what it used to be

I can't knock the quality of Kuryakyn's chrome, but the pot metal that the mirrors and footpegs are made of has given me trouble. All chrome is porous, and the copper filler coat turns green and the pot metal blisters and bubbles causing the chrome to peel. Admitedly most of this happened when I lived on the east coast of Florida. Happily, I found out that pulling into Kuryakyns vendor tent at Bike Week and Biketoberfest with the bad parts got me spankin' new ones without ANY questions. This happened several times. I don't know if Kuryakyn's customer service is that good, or if a tent full of prospective customers helped. :D

Good call Breeze..."safety in numbers" just works...just being in the same room with witnesses puts the customer service people on their best behavior.

Back