free website stats program add oil pressure gauge on FLHTi 2005 | Harley Davidson Forums

add oil pressure gauge on FLHTi 2005

fabrozor

Hello,

I made some search on the forum and found thread about oil pressure gauge but i didn't really find what i was looking for.

I was looking for an "howto add an oil pressure gauge on a 2005 Electra Standard"

If there is not already such a thread, can you give some explanations on :
- which gauge,
- which sender,
- need adapter ?
- where to plug it,
- and so, and so ...

Thank you.

Fabrozor,

Do you not already have an oil pressure gauge on that engine? Do you mean an oil TEMPERATURE gauge?

TQ

Fabrozor,

I am sorry. I did not realize that your bike did not have the Air temp gage and the oil pressure gage already on the dash as The Tank points out above. My apologies.

The Tank and Chopper have provided you with the info you requested. I would strongly suggest installing the oil Temperature gage instead of the air temp gage. The air temp gage is useless!!

TQ

TQ I see they have moved the temperature sensor from inside the fairing to the frane and was wondering if it now works, have you had any input? I use to tell my customers when doing new bike sales that Harley just put it in as a hole filler because I knew I was going to see them back in a couple of weeks for it, everybody thinks it's broke, well if you have the sensor inside the fairing, what would you expect? Looks like Harley made a good move, only took them 100 years to do it, now if it just works.

Hi TQuentin1, Chopper, The Tank, and thank you for your answers.
I'm indeed interrested by the oil Pressure gauge and also (but less) by the oil temp gauge.
I am not interrested at all by the air temp gauge. That's why it would be a lost of money to buy the harley kit "oil pressure / Air temp".
I'm gonna watch the links you provided.

I watched the links.
I found the 74439-00 kit on an online-store, at lower price than a the pressure gauge and pressure sender from another manufacturer.
Sad the air temp gauge + sender of this 74439-00 kit are not replacable (when buying it), by the "oil temp + sender".
At the 74439-00 kit price, we shall buy separately another "oil temp + sender" kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
TQ I see they have moved the temperature sensor from inside the fairing to the frane and was wondering if it now works, have you had any input? I use to tell my customers when doing new bike sales that Harley just put it in as a hole filler because I knew I was going to see them back in a couple of weeks for it, everybody thinks it's broke, well if you have the sensor inside the fairing, what would you expect? Looks like Harley made a good move, only took them 100 years to do it, now if it just works.

Chop,

Might work better on the frame, but frankly I would rather use the space on the dash for an oil temp gauge rather than an air temp gauge. We can all tell if it is cold or hot outside, but knowing both the engine oil pressure AND oil temp I think is pretty valuable in order to keep an eye on the engine's life blood.

TQ

I looked the prices, it's not cheaper to buy separately only the oil pressure parts instead of the HD "air temp + oil pressure" kit.

I have a 2004 FLHT PI and just got finished adding a oil pressure and oil temp guage to the dash. Not too bad of a job, did it over a weekend. When I had the fairing off I found 2 broken fairing brackets which was a bonus find. The guages seem to work great only recomendation is the temp guage has a white plastic body and appears dimmer on the dial than the other guages aluminate so I removed it and carefully painted it black so the light wouldnt "bleed" out the back of the guage. looks great, just waiting for the white stuff to go away and really try her out.

I bought the harley kit (air temp + oil pressure).

I'll only be using the oil pressure part from the kit.

It's said :
for 2000-2003 change the sending unit and wiring (furnished).
for 2004-Later, no need to change the sending unit and wiring.

Back