Add me to the list

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by robermv32, Aug 17, 2011.

1. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

I know you've all heard this before but.....add me to the list of satisfied customers for the GEN3 system.

First off let me tell you I have a 2010 FLHX Street glide that was stock for the first 18,000 miles. Yep, I like to ride them. After reading all the posts I could about the benefits of a TFI unit I gave the guys a call. I qualified for the military discount and was happy to purchase the Gen 3 unit just the other day. Installation was not that difficult following the steps provided, I did remove the tank just to route the cable along the backbone and out of the way. ( saw that idea in another post ). I have a service manual so it was easy to do once I ran the bike almost empty...no gas dripped. ( saw that one on another post too.) I also purchased the Stage 1 kit from my HD dealership and I already had a Thunderstick muffler from ebay.

Ok, so the install was fairly easy...the programing of the GEN 3 is easy...so what do I think ?

WOW. This machine has come to life. I mean she runs like a Sporster. I swear if I asked her to...she'd pull a wheelie without hesitation..Thank God I'm too old for that stuff. But WOW. Power, sound, and reduced engine heat.

Now I know the mileage will drop...it has to... I DON"T CARE. ya hear that ? I DON'T CARE.. This machine is so much fun to ride now, I don't care. If my main concern was mileage.....I'd buy a moped. If you're considering a TFI.....JUST DO IT.

Thanks Dobeck I'm one happy customer...

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Glad to hear you like the TFI. The MPG doesn't necessarily have to drop. It depends a lot on your right wrist.:D

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Glad to hear about another success story. Now you have a like new bike, so continued enjoyment to you.....:bigsmiley24:

4. bcortani

bcortani Active Member

That kool aid tastes pretty good doesn't it? lol. Love mine, think it will perform even better once i kick my stock exhaust and go to a free flo muffler.

5. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

Ah, the right wrist...So there's the culprit. After I stop having the fun maybe I'll settle down and just enjoy the reduced heat and ......the right wrist you say....I suppose I can attempt to re-train the right wrist....but not for awhile or until I get caught.....maybe then...but for now....I love that acceleration feeling, not so much going a hundred but more like zero to 60. Maybe I can re-train.....maybe I'll try that .............a little later.

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

And remember that the usage of right wrist not only equates to less MPG but, less rear tire mileage also....:33:

7. Skoty

Skoty Member

Rural Upstate... I have family in Glens Falls and Lake George. beautiful country! I say enjoy the right wrist work out!

8. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

You might see an increase in mileage. My wife did when I put the Gen 3 on her ride.

9. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

How did it go with the removal of the crossover line on the gas tank. Read a few threads about gas everywhere if the tank is not drained. When I installed my running lights, I was able to get my finners(ha!) underneath the tank to run the hot lead back to the accesssory plug without removing the crossover.