free website stats program Add CB to 09 FLHX | Harley Davidson Forums

Add CB to 09 FLHX

HD8080

:hii
I was given a CB off a 08 and was thinking of putting it on my 09 flhX. I added a tour pack last year with speakers etc. but none of that has been wired in. I also have a comunication/speaker wiring harness off a 03 ultra but of course the plug in is not the same as required to connect to the new HK 76160-06. Is the color code for the wiring the same from the 03 to the 06 comunication harnes? can I purchase the correct connector for the 06 HK radio and transfer it to the 03 harnes to make the connection.
It also looks like I would need to replace the faring harness to accept the CB?
I looked on the in the self help and the HD site but it looks pricy and not that clear of which harness I would actually need. I guess to do it with all new wiring harness as in the HD accessory catelog it would be about $600 even though I already have the CB.. OUCH!

been a HD talking member for a while but never had the nerver to ask some question. Stepping out of my comfort zone..

:hii
I was given a CB off a 08 and was thinking of putting it on my 09 flhX. I added a tour pack last year with speakers etc. but none of that has been wired in. I also have a comunication/speaker wiring harness off a 03 ultra but of course the plug in is not the same as required to connect to the new HK 76160-06. Is the color code for the wiring the same from the 03 to the 06 comunication harnes? can I purchase the correct connector for the 06 HK radio and transfer it to the 03 harnes to make the connection.
It also looks like I would need to replace the faring harness to accept the CB?
I looked on the in the self help and the HD site but it looks pricy and not that clear of which harness I would actually need. I guess to do it with all new wiring harness as in the HD accessory catelog it would be about $600 even though I already have the CB.. OUCH!

been a HD talking member for a while but never had the nerver to ask some question. Stepping out of my comfort zone..

Trying to think here. i think ive installed a cb on a street glide before but cant remember. The harness off the 03 could MAYBE work but you would have to look at both schmatics and see what wires go where and then change the connectors. I think this would be too involved and would just get the correct interconnect harness from a 08+ ultra.
I know would need a interconnect harness froma 08+ ultra classic that has the wiring plugs for the cb cys. Also one thing to consider is are you going to use a regular talker like in a car or do you want the hands free headset. If you want hands free You will need the Switch housings off an ultra with the PTT buttons.
The reason im saying 08+ harness is because MOLEX connectors were introduced in 2008 and the interconnect harness share the same style connectors.
The fairing harness is the interconnect harness and will need to be changed as well.

Thanks for the great info JD.
I don't mind the chalange of changing the connector if the 03 harness will work for me since i have it.
I was either going to use a wired head set or wireless not a hand mike

Thanks for the great info JD.
I don't mind the chalange of changing the connector if the 03 harness will work for me since i have it.
I was either going to use a wired head set or wireless not a hand mike

Again im not positive if that 03 harness will work or not. It might be more involved than switching connectors. The radio sound radios are completely different than the newer harmon kardon units, the wiring i would think will be completely different as well. Good Luck

i think in '07 they went from deutsch connectors to molex. if they did, a new harness is needed or make a jumper using deutsch on 1 end and molex on the other. harley uses whoever gives the best price i guess. my '10 ultra is back to deutsch connectors. york bikes both the '01rk and the '10 ultra. 2 cts. fwiw.

Back