free website stats program Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6

How did you do the wiring for the second alarm, or is it just running in parallel with the first one. I kind of like the ide of a second one hiodden elsewhere to really annoy the thief if he thinks he can just pull the first one out or whatever he thinks he can do.

Yes, I just ran the wires in parallel with the first one. The location of the siren on my '07 seems to be different than RedfishJoes picture. My siren #1 loc. is behind the ECM module, facing the fender, a little bit muffled. I have aftermarket horns, so I mounted siren #2 inside the original horn bell. The Radio Shack siren is so light that tie wraps are more than adequate for mounting. There's many suitable places to hide the little buggers.

I have attempted to install this siren on a 2009 dyna low rider with the following results. When installed it waits silently (no chirp) until the bike is rocked, then goes into a solid squeel. This squeel will not stop until the siren is unplugged. Also I get the error message (buss er)

Any ideas anyone? I would really love to have this on my bike before my first long trip this summer.

I have attempted to install this siren on a 2009 dyna low rider with the following results. When installed it waits silently (no chirp) until the bike is rocked, then goes into a solid squeel. This squeel will not stop until the siren is unplugged. Also I get the error message (buss er)

Any ideas anyone? I would really love to have this on my bike before my first long trip this summer.

Until somebody else comes along, I would try disconnecting the battery, install the siren, and then connect the battery back up. Not sure if this will help but this will dump any temperary info from the system. Maybe the system is just detecting that it has been tampered with.

Worth a try until somebody else has a better idea.

The part number is 273-0079, and was $5.49.

I must have got ripped off. Mine was $5.99 :D
Going to install it today. Should I disconnect the battery first? Where is the plug I'm tapping into? I got a good idea but want to make sure. If the alarm goes off, can you manually turn it off? If I just bring the fob within range, will that make it stop?
Thanks

Back