free website stats program Adapter to replace fuel gauge with gas cap | Harley Davidson Forums

Adapter to replace fuel gauge with gas cap

CueBall

Does anybody know of an adapter that would mount a gas cap into the fuel gauge opening? Found one at eurocomponentsusa, but they only guarantee that the caps they sell will fit. Anybody use one of these adapters? Know of another company that offers them? Thanks.

Raised the front of the gas tank, so the gauge is off. Doing rebuild on bike and going with matching brass fuel caps.

I know Glider, doing a rebuild and they just don't make fuel gauges that look cool on a chopper style bike. Found some great gas caps that really set off the tank. May change my mind after I run out of gas the first time, but for now form wins out over function!

Ya don't need to worry to much, ya meet the nicest people when ya run outa gas. Been there done that!
Ride Safe and Have Fun.:p

Ya don't need to worry to much, ya meet the nicest people when ya run outa gas. Been there done that!
Ride Safe and Have Fun.:p
That's absolutely true. Ran out at 5 in the morning on way to catch a ferry to France years ago. Met a real nice guy (biker on metric) who drove around to find the nearest garage. If only I had not been pushing my Sporty for half an hour allready and still 20 mins. to go.

Back