free website stats program ACF 50 or S100 | Harley Davidson Forums

ACF 50 or S100

Schuey

Hi Guys,

It's that time of year again to cover the bike in something to protect her from the elements. I have always used ACF50 on my previous bikes, try and wash once a week and cover in ACF50, it has always worked well, the only drawback is all the road muck sticks to it. The local HD dealer are promoting S100, which they say is just as good if not better, I just wondered even anybody had any thoughts or have used S100,:newsmile061:

Thanks and keep it upright

I have not used ACF 50 but have used S100 on both my sportster and softail. S100 works very well, cleans with no hard rubbing most dirt and grime just rinse away. Caution though, do not use S100 on a warm bike and do not let it dry. Rinse it off with copious amouhnts of water. I think you will be pleased with the results.

Alrite Schuey,ACF50 is a bit messy for me,tried Scottoiler 365 last year and was good,thing is that was on a Fireblade,this is my first HD so am watchin thread with interest,bike is washed/polished and has a good layer of WD40 at moment,garage unheated but has been layered with 2" cardboard to combat concrete floor sweating in cold,having some work done at dealer 25th Nov so will wash and re-spray when they bring it back,take care,Danny Mc

Thanks lads for all the info, didn't know about putting ACF50 in a bowl of hot water for 15 mins before use, cheers HOBBIT, always wondered why it was a bit of a pain to spray on the bike, learn something knew everyday. First time I used it forgot about covering the discs, and wondered why I didn't stop at the bottom of my road:newsmile061:

Thanks and keep it upright

Interesting stuff the ACF 50...from the description, does it come out of the nozzle as a fine mist or foamy. And you apply it after you have cleaned and dried your bike right? And cost wise, how much is it per can, and how much do you use to clean a Sportster? :34:
triumphP20tridentP20900.jpg

Cost wise it retails in the UK around £12/13,it has to also be shaken well before use,can is like a spray paint design,u can get it on ebay as not many if any bike shops stock it..

Cost wise it retails in the UK around £12/13,it has to also be shaken well before use,can is like a spray paint design,u can get it on ebay as not many if any bike shops stock it..
Plenty of HD dealers(and mc dealers in general) in the UK now stocking ACF-50.
Download the Hints & Tips sheet from the acf-50.co.uk website.

Warm the tin in hot NOT boiling water -OR consider one of the other package types.

Remember, ACF-50 is Non-Flammable and Non-Toxic.

Happy Riding

Cheers

Back