free website stats program Accupressure Tire Caps | Harley Davidson Forums

Accupressure Tire Caps

Drew

How accurate are these? You know... the ones that are color coded to indicate your tire pressure.

thanks
Drew

Drew, In order for these caps to allow for the movement of the piece which is displaying the color, they must constantly be looking at the air pressure in the tire.
I'm assuming they are doing this by partially opening the scharader valve and allowing the air pressure to be present against the back side of this cap.
To me, this is creating a prime opportunity for a leak.

How accurate are these? You know... the ones that are color coded to indicate your tire pressure.

thanks
Drew

Drew,

I saw these and checked them out. Nice concept, BUT....when they change color, the tire pressure has dropped 8-10 pounds! I sure don't want to ride on a tire that is ten pounds low!!!!!!

Drew,

I saw these and checked them out. Nice concept, BUT....when they change color, the tire pressure has dropped 8-10 pounds! I sure don't want to ride on a tire that is ten pounds low!!!!!!

thanks... enough said. I view accurate tire pressure readings as being VERY important, so I'm not going to sacrifice safety for convenience. So, it looks like my next quest is to find an accurate gauge that allows accessing the nozzle on the rear wheel of my RK as easily as possible... any suggestions?

thanks
Drew

thanks... enough said. I view accurate tire pressure readings as being VERY important, so I'm not going to sacrifice safety for convenience. So, it looks like my next quest is to find an accurate gauge that allows accessing the nozzle on the rear wheel of my RK as easily as possible... any suggestions?

thanks
Drew

Find a pencil style gauge with a 90 degree head. My 09 RK wheels will not let me in to the valve stem unless it is a 90 degree style. Of course, HD sells one with the 90 degree angle head! Purchased one last week, works fine and it is accurate. :)

Drew, In order for these caps to allow for the movement of the piece which is displaying the color, they must constantly be looking at the air pressure in the tire.
I'm assuming they are doing this by partially opening the scharader valve and allowing the air pressure to be present against the back side of this cap.
To me, this is creating a prime opportunity for a leak.

This says it all IMO.

I don't like them at all.

In the auto field we see these on some of the cars and find they tell you there is air in the tire, but I don't find very trusting for amount of pressure, you may be able to locate an after market tire pressure sensor system. We get them from tire-sensors.com I'll contact them to see if there is a kit for motorcycles yet.

Back