free website stats program Accessory wiring advice? | Harley Davidson Forums

Accessory wiring advice?

cdn-bigfoot

Is this a spare accessory plug? I't's near the battery on my 2006 Dyna Street Bob?

EDIT ***** THIS IS NOT AN ACCESSORY PLUG****
accplugws.jpg

and with the cap removed.
plugConnector.jpg

I want to power my Tomtom Rider 2 GPS with it's provided power cord wired to the bike. I also have a thought of wiring in a cigarette lighter style power plug for my cellphone charger.
Do I need to add a fuse if I wire straight off battery posts? Is there a harness from HD I should be using?

Last edited:
the only thing you can plug into this is the Service diagnostics tool as its the ECM diagnostics plug:D

Thanks Hobbit. My HD dealer confirmed that for me today. It's a data link conection.
They sold me an adapter kit that will turn my single accessory plug into three plugs. The plug should be located under the seat likely under the ignition module.

Here is the required accessory kit for multiple connections.
Accadapterkit.jpg

...always best to put an inline fuse on the tomtom wiring loom.....

What size fuse would you recommend?

Last edited:
I am not sure if your bike has an accessory switch on dash or not but if it does there might be a connector near battery that looks like the test connector for computer but is a 12 v socket that this accessory power point plugs into. I bought one of these from HD for $17.95 and cut off cigarette lighter and used the wiring to run my xm and GPS through the acc switch. The socket this plugs into looks just like the one you have pictured cdn-bigfoot.

Supplemental 12v Power Point

Easy to install power point allows an additional 12 volt power source for electrical accessories powered by a cigarette lighter type socket. Features a water-resistant cover with laser-etched Bar & Shield logo.

91843-97

Fits '94-later FLHR (except FLHRCI), FLT, FLTR, FLHX and FLHT models.

Accessory_Power_Point.jpg

Back