free website stats program Accessory pin connector | Harley Davidson Forums

Accessory pin connector

bigriver

I've got a 2011 Road King Classic and in the owners manual they say that the accessory switch (left side of fork head) controls an accessory connector under the seat. The wiring diagram also shows a pin connector for accessories coming off the P & A fuse. But I'll be you know what if I can find a spare pin connector under the seat. Anyone have some words of wisdom as to what it looks like or actually where it is, if at all?

I've got a 2011 Road King Classic and in the owners manual they say that the accessory switch (left side of fork head) controls an accessory connector under the seat. The wiring diagram also shows a pin connector for accessories coming off the P & A fuse. But I'll be you know what if I can find a spare pin connector under the seat. Anyone have some words of wisdom as to what it looks like or actually where it is, if at all?

I'll see if I can hunt you a pic down in few minutes. Until then here is some data on it, BUT it's Dyna part numbers, same plug though.

I did not know the RK used the P&A plug I thought it used the Cust Accy Plug, but then I don't own a RK.

1.The Dyna Cust Accy plug #72104-94BK has the following wires, black is ground, the two o/r wires are switched to ignition, r/y 'adds' rear lighting items.

The additional purchase #70264-94A add on pigtail unit comes with two pigtails and plugs into the above #72104-94BK.

------------
2. The Dyna P&A Battery (aka B+ connector) #72260-04 is fed from the TSSM battery terminal and is hot all the time and has one single red positive wire.

The additional purchase #70270-04 add on pigtail unit comes with 3 pigtails and can be also used for additional accessory items, but ground must be created and inline switches installed if hot all the time not desired. This plugs into the #72260-04 shown above..

more info at
Wiring question - Harley Davidson Community

In this pic, the 2nd plug from left is the Cust Accy Plug (has a ground and one ignition switched wire on one side and the other two wires on the other side are for the stoplight and rear lighting accessories.

The 3rd plug from the left is the P&A plug (the one you asked about). It has a single red hot wire fed from the TSSM unit. I surmise since the RK has an OEM accessory switch (which Dyna's don't) this plug is the one you would plug into.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• UnconnectedPlugs.JPG
    UnconnectedPlugs.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 99

Maybe this will help...
Harley Davidson Community

Ok hold everything, I just found a 2010 RK parts manual listed online and it appears they switched the P&A label from how it is on my Dyna manual. Turns out the one they are calling P&A is the Cust Accy Plug (the one with 4 wires and the 2nd one from left in the above pic). On my Dyna they call the B+ plug the P&A plug.

Here is the part diagram on the 2010 RK ( didn't show a listing for 2011 RK).

Here is my Dyna (and why the whole affair was a bit confusing as far as terminology label switching). Turns out the plug that I originally thought you wanted IS in fact the one. But on your bike it is AKA as P&A plug, whereas on my Dyna the P&A plug is the single red wire plug.

Attachments

• 2010_RK.jpg
    2010_RK.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Dyna_CustAccy.jpg
    Dyna_CustAccy.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Well now the posts are merged and it's confusing, the way they are now, the schematic on the right is for my Dyna and the one on the left is for the RK.

Bottom line is the pic in my second post, you want to look for the plug shown 2nd from left.

Back