Accent Lighting

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Bosbury1, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Bosbury1

Bosbury1 Active Member

Any suggestions on Accent lighting? I want to light up both tires and the engine compartment. I've seen some that are just not that bright and others that are priced out of this world anyone have a nice medium they use?

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

I used the Kuryakyn lizard lights. Out of all I've seen they do about the best job.

Bottom row here...

LightingSpecialty Lighting Page

I got them for $239 if you need info. ([FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Maximus Starter Kit)[/FONT]

Kuryakyn LED Lizard Lights

The key with any installation is to make sure the surface is VERY clean and they stick well. I heat them with a blow drier after installing and they stick like you can't believe.

3. Bosbury1

Bosbury1 Active Member

Glider,
    Did you wire the both fenders and the Brake calipers? Do you have any pictures of your bike with the lights on?

4. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  5. glider

glider Veteran Member

I used the lights under the tank (2 each side)and in front and rear of the engine (in the cross brace up front and under the frame plate by the exhaust in the rear as well as behind the air filter and horn mount.. Didn't do the fenders and calipers. I thought it looked like too much myself doing the fenders and calipers.

I tried to get pics but they didn't show the lights and when it got darker, nothing showed up in the pics. Have to have a good camera to get those.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I am sure you must switch it off when riding!...an Eagle in your field of vision would be distracting, but one always on the back of your mind is not... :)

Is the lighting switched and fused off the "Accessory" plug or did you wire & fuse the switch & lighting separate and direct? :33:

It would be kinda nice to click your alarm button and have the bike light up...on a dark or moonless night!:D

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

8. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

yup...in a well lit area the windshield is on....but on the dark roads its off...I wired a switch in the system....one that comes with the lights...a couple of my friends have the Boogey Lights that they do control with a remote....have several patterens that they can make display with the remote..mine are on or off...lol..the windshild is on a seperate switch as well.