free website stats program Acc Switch? | Harley Davidson Forums

Acc Switch?

tubguy

I know you guys can help with this one!!! I have a 2010 EGUC, on the inner fairing beside the cruise switch is an Accessory switch. When turned on it turns green so what does this control? I'm planning to hook up my Gps with the ram mount on one side, other side will be my Sirius radio. They both need juice and just trying to figure out where one will have to go, I do have 1 cig lighter onthe right side of fairing but need something on the left. Or wire something in the fairing I'd like it to be plug and play!!

Also can I take a 110 Accessory charger (sirius receiver) cut the adapter that goes into the receiver and wire it to a cig lighter adapter?

Thank You in Advance
Tub Guy

Being such a new model, my 1st question would be, did you ask the dealer or parts guy if they have any Service Bulletin on the use of that switch? Is it wired to control an available accessory plug/and is it fused to what value...(safe current is 1/2 or less that value max...).:s

I do not know for shure on the 2010 modles but on my 09 FLHTCU the acc switch is not wired to anything from the factory but is there if you want to add a switch acc of some sort.

Like the last poster, I'm not sure about the 2010's but on my '07 that switch controls the accessory plug that is under the seat. It requires a outlet that is available from HD for about $20. You can choose what to plug into it. It gives you more power options than just the fairing lighter socket.
I don't know about cutting the 110 adapter cord.

Like others indicate - all touring models have an accessory switch for the owners use so use away...

Back