free website stats program ABS on 09 Road King | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS on 09 Road King

The pads were changed at the dealer along with a new rear tire. nothing else has been done to bike. well they did the recall on the brake light switch. found out fluid is to be changed every 2 years. didn't know this. yes, they said it was just fluid. I had a hard time getting that into my head also. That's a very scary thought, just fluid could cause this problem. Thinking about entering a curve with brakes like this. Y'all all go out and change your fluid.

81ObCmrY0cL._SL1500_.jpg

These are available on Amazon, We used them on every brake evaluation at work. I also have a brake fluid shark, it measures moisture content. You may be surprised how much moisture is in brake fluid after several hard stops. If you have a half empty can of fluid laying round, throw it away the clock is ticking when you open the can:s

The pads were changed at the dealer along with a new rear tire. nothing else has been done to bike. well they did the recall on the brake light switch. found out fluid is to be changed every 2 years. didn't know this. yes, they said it was just fluid. I had a hard time getting that into my head also. That's a very scary thought, just fluid could cause this problem. Thinking about entering a curve with brakes like this. Y'all all go out and change your fluid.

How long after the rear pad/tire change did this rear brake problem start happening? I'm just wondering if the tech didn't crack open the bleeder.

Maybe it was just contaminated/old fluid..?? :small3d023:

Good luck and be safe trickydoc !!

I can't remember exactly, but the pads were changed the same time as the rear tire, that was about 1 year ago. I think the fluid was just old and tired.

Back