free website stats program ABS indicated on documents | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS indicated on documents

flipper

Account Removed
Is the ABS/security option typically listed anywhere on sale documents from the dealer and/or can it be determined from the VIN?

Must be a way to identify it with the VIN, are you wondering if your bike has ABS? Look at the wheel bearings they will have tone rings on them, you should have an ABS icon on your speedo, look under the side covers for the module
I would think on your bill of sale should list ALL the options on your bike, or you may be able to request the build sheet on your bike

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I've never bought a new Harley, I don't know what documents are included. If you want to know if a bike has ABS, several indicators are;
ABS light on inst. panel stays on until you go about 10 feet./ a tiny black wire on the back of the brake hose going to the left caliper./ a black spacer on the left side of front wheel, right side spacer is metal color/ pull the right side cover and there's an aluminum block with hoses everywhere./ go down a dirt road about 15 mph and stomp on the rear brake. If it doesn't lock you have ABS, if it does, you don't.

Just now thought of this your insurance agent should know thru your VIN number:s

At the risk of sounding totally stupid, I will now explain. When I bought my Heritage new in 2009, we (husband and I) specifically stated that I wanted ABS. The salesman, who had just sold my husband his Ultra new 3 months earlier, told us he had one the color I wanted with ABS. I made the deal on the bike at the base price with two tone color option and ABS, so I was charged for it. We weren't familiar with technical aspects of Harleys at that time and still are in the dark on a lot of stuff. Now, here we are 4 years later and my suspicions are confirmed that they sold me a bike without the ABS. Of course I can't prove it to them. There's nothing in my paperwork that I can find that lists details of the bike. My Street Glide paperwork doesn't indicate that it has ABS, but they, Southern Thunder HD did give me a DVD to watch that tells about it and I have actually felt the pulsing at a stop light, so I know I have it. I guess the bottom line is for folks like us to make sure they are getting what they are supposed to. I realize now that I was taken by Shreveport Harley that later on merged with their other dealership, Bossier City.

Back