free website stats program abs failure | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

abs failure

dealer changed all tires and new brakes up front, still in the shop.
Next is the abs sensors on the front wheels. I ask them if the pump system is ok.

My town and country van had a flat and I changed the tire with another brand. The ABS (esp) locked up while driving because the tire specs were different than the other 3. The dealer told me I have to buy all 4 new tires to fix the problem. If I were to change tire size on the bike would this cause problems with the ABS system??
---

two different comments/questions here - different BRAND wouldnt make a difference. Different SIZE, maybe.

dealer changed all tires and new brakes up front, still in the shop.
Next is the abs sensors on the front wheels. I ask them if the pump system is ok.

since they put 4 new tires and new brake pads on and it still does it the ABS sensor that is located in your sealed hub assly. MIGHT be bad but doubtful.

What do you mean by "locked up"?

Most ABS problems with chryslers is in the pump, they can confirm this with a scan tool, or un plug each sensor, hook up a digital volt meter spin the wheel and see if the voltage registers, but what do I know:s

Well did not end up being anything with the ABS system.
changed the clockspring assembly in the left front wheel they said it was jamming. Only charge for this part and the new tires no labor cost. They were worn out anyhow.

Well did not end up being anything with the ABS system.
changed the clockspring assembly in the left front wheel they said it was jamming. Only charge for this part and the new tires no labor cost. They were worn out anyhow.

Ah who da what da, Clock spring is the name of the part in the steering wheel for the air bag, there is no clock spring in the wheel bearing

invoice with out names.
hope this is readable, from the service dept.

temp0002_Small_.JPG

invoice with out names.
hope this is readable, from the service dept.

temp0002_Small_.JPG

If your van is 96 - 2000 and the clock spring for the air bag is defective it should have been replaced under warranty @ no charge, there was a recall on these, I still have a problem with the connection to the wheel bearing and the brakes, just curious:s

If your van is 96 - 2000 and the clock spring for the air bag is defective it should have been replaced under warranty @ no charge, there was a recall on these, I still have a problem with the connection to the wheel bearing and the brakes, just curious:s

Same here Jack ?????? Isnt the clockspring in the steering wheel / air bag area on all vehicles??

Same here Jack ?????? Isnt the clockspring in the steering wheel / air bag area on all vehicles??

Yep, if you have the chrysler or dodge van have it checked out, I think the OP had an air bag light on JMO, when working on steering parts on any air bag vehicle never let the wheel turn completely round one full revolution read IE replacing tie rod ends, this will ruin the clock spring and on some mostly Fords can deploy the air bag:s

Back