free website stats program ABS Code C1158 ABS Light Always On w/ Power Commander 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS Code C1158 ABS Light Always On w/ Power Commander 5

Steven22

Hello All,

My front brake lever would compress all the way to the hand grips. I had to pump the lever to get the front brakes to engage. My ABS light never came on. I took the bike, 2009 VROD Nightrod to the dealership for service. The dealership bleeds the front brake because there was air in the line, but they couldn’t determine how the air got into the line. When they tried to flash the computer, the ABS light came on and stayed on. The Code C1158 came on. The dealership said they can’t do anything about the ABS light being on because they blame the Power Commander 5 for causing the error code. They tried to remove the Power Commander 5, and re-flash, but that didn’t help either. The dealership says I have to purchase a new module for $500 dollars. The brakes still work, just not the ABS brakes. I was charged $160.38 for them to tell me that.

What should I do? Thank you for your help.

Steve

Let me get this straight, the light wasn't on until they worked on it and now they say there is nothing they can do??
UNACCEPTABLE! The dealership tech causes a issue you didn't have before you brought it to them is their problem not yours.

I'd be in the dealerships office monday morning demanding they fix it at no cost to you.
I'm thinking they are blaming it on the Power Commander just to cover their you know what.

Hello All,

I went to a different HD dealership and they were able to re-flash the system and fixed the issue. The mechanic did say he had to do an additional re-flash of something else first, and then flash the ABS.

Steve

Good deal thanks for the update.
I'd stay clear of the 1st dealership, looks like they don't know what they are doing.

Back