free website stats program ABC News rule on patriotic pins | Harley Davidson Forums

ABC News rule on patriotic pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_W_B

I received this email this morning.

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS! THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.
So I check it out at Snoops, they had this statement.

--Begin Snoops
It is true that after 9/11, ABC news asked it's reporters to continue to respect established practice and not start donning American flag pins or red white and blue ribbons.

It is not true, however (as implied in some examples) that ABC and ABC alone forbade reporters from wearing label pin American Flags or other patriotic insignia.

As we noted above, it has been standard journalistic practice for on the air news personnel to refrain from wearing such items long before 9/11. It was neither a new practice nor was it unique to ABC.

That network did not order it's personnel not to wear flag labels, ABC simply asked on air reporters on air reporters who wanted to bend the established practice regarding patriotic displays to continue observing it.
--End Snoops

Now I'm even more confused, I have no idea what they did or did not do since it's such a juggle of words. I only know one thing, if I worked there I WOULD WEAR THE PIN, cause I'm one of those boys raised on shot guns, we went to Nam, we say grace and we say Mam, and if you ain't in to that, we (I) don't give a whatever

I received this email this morning.

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS! THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.
So I check it out at Snoops, they had this statement.

--Begin Snoops
It is true that after 9/11, ABC news asked it's reporters to continue to respect established practice and not start donning American flag pins or red white and blue ribbons.

It is not true, however (as implied in some examples) that ABC and ABC alone forbade reporters from wearing label pin American Flags or other patriotic insignia.

As we noted above, it has been standard journalistic practice for on the air news personnel to refrain from wearing such items long before 9/11. It was neither a new practice nor was it unique to ABC.

That network did not order it's personnel not to wear flag labels, ABC simply asked on air reporters on air reporters who wanted to bend the established practice regarding patriotic displays to continue observing it.
--End Snoops

Now I'm even more confused, I have no idea what they did or did not do since it's such a juggle of words. I only know one thing, if I worked there I WOULD WEAR THE PIN, cause I'm one of those boys raised on shot guns, we went to Nam, we say grace and we say Mam, and if you ain't in to that, we (I) don't give a whatever

My feelings exactly Dave!

Whats next unable to display the American flag or broadcast the subject of patriotism????

Just blows me away, our finest men and women are daily defending their 'so called' freedom of speach and they have the arrogance to come up with stuff like that. I'd like to haul the whole bunch of um over and drop um off in middle of the jungle in Nam and wave bye to um.

Tell um I might be back when they get their heads on straight.

It must be the same ones that tried to remove God, from the Pledge of Allegiance and dollar bill...:no

It must be the same ones that tried to remove God, from the Pledge of Allegiance and dollar bill...:no

And a friend told me on another forum, maybe they should change their name. Right now it's 'American' Broadcasting Corporation. It's one thing our Congress arguing over how to bail the water out of a sinking ship, but folks wasting energy on this kind of stuff just blows me away.

---------------
Now in answer to dbmg and separate from ABC thing above since as far as I know they have nothing to do with the following.

They complain that we need to do something to stop the violence and crime, but we are not allowed to post 10 Commandents of such in the courts.

They complain that we cannot discipline our kids that we must treat them like adults (even though they haven't yet achieved that ability). And then when the undisciplined kids grow up to be monsters on the streets they want to know what is going wrong.

They get so bent out of shape if we use the word God on anything, but rather want us to accept that we decended from Apes (just can't help but wonder why some 'Apes' did not evolve with us?
----

But the flag thing, that really gets to me. I know this country isn't perfect and has made some blatant errors in it's history. But at least here we are free to 'try' to govern ourselves. And we have given our blood and money to many of the world's countrys. And then for some entity here in our own country to come up with stuff like this. I fear these type of folks just do not fully understand the situation. RWB

Well I had a good video to show you of a Veteran but somebody had pasted in bad words in captions so I had to remove it quickly.

Un believable and Un American IMO When will we stand up and take our country back and make it great again? Good Read Dave

Un believable and Un American IMO When will we stand up and take our country back and make it great again? Good Read Dave

Jack I am so afraid that this once great country is going to crash very soon. Many of us have fought for our right to be free. Our sons and daughters are doing it today. I fear the lives of all the fallen soldiers have been to die in vain.
It seems to me that the country now is controlled by those that control the entertainment industry. Be it television, movies, the web, sports, anything that controls big money. Feed this to a government that is out for their own gain and you have a nation crumbling all around. I pray for our children and grand children and ask God for forgiveness for what we have done.

I guess my Stars and Bars would get me fired............

Bodeen

ABC acronym... American Broadcastng Company, kinda makes you wonder who's running things these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back