free website stats program Abbotsford Airshow | Harley Davidson Forums

Abbotsford Airshow

SixPak

Well the wife and I just spent 7 hours out in the heat (35 C) at the Abbotsford Airshow and had a great time. Our first time. So many aircraft. Wife was really impressed with the C-5 Galaxy. Me too. We were both amazed at The Thunderbirds and especially The Snowbirds. The F-16 was awsome as were the F/A 18 Super Hornets. There are some really really skilled pilots in both our Air Forces. What an awsome day!! P51 Mustang was cool too. I got a little burned and the wife got a Lot burned, but was worth it just to see and feel and hear. Think we'll go again next year!

It's a guy thing..airshows are great,Dayton,Reno,Oshskosh if you have never been to a big one go...many times they have seperate parking for bike's a good way to beat the traffic and meet some nice people....one of the things about Oshkosh that always astounds me, near 1,000,000 people there during the week, almost NO trash on the grounds, throw something on the ground and about 500 people will give you dirty looks till you pick it up....kid friendly also...

LOL, Chromedome, it's not just a guy thing, :s I love air shows. :D I sometimes work as a audio engineer for some of the air shows. But you are right, everyone should go to one of the big shows.

Six Pack, I'm with you on the C-5, especially cool if you get to see one take off and land. It just doesn't seem like it should leave the ground at such a slow speed. :D

I got to see the Snow Birds last year and they have an amazing show. The Canadian Skydive team is phenomenal too. Skyhawks I think, my brain is tired, work has been rough this week.

I also love the WWII planes, I attended the Gathering of Mustang's and Legends a few years back as a spectator and that too was awesome.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Opps, you are 110% right Joy....my appologies...I was at the Mustang Legends also....great show..all 3 days....

Haha, I'm glad you didn't take offense there CD. :) I was fortunate enough to hook up with the air show gig and most of the time when I go, I have the best seat in the house. :) Hard to beat the Comm trailer on the flight line. :D Granted I do have to work and 'earn' that seat, and pay attention to cue the music at the right time for the acts, but it is worth it. :D :D I just wish I had more time to do more shows.

I could talk airplanes and motorcycles all day, so I better quit and get back to work. :)

had 30 some ac 47s and dc9s in town about a month ago. awesome machines. i spent an entire sunday checking them all out. love the ones that mark their territory with oil spots. like an old shovel.

Back