Aaahhhh

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Nails, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Nails

Nails Member

Just couldn't wait to install my saddle bags I got last week. Bolted the bags up, finished the turn signal/layback plate relocation, and was admiring my work. Needed to adjust the right turn signal so it was level and then broke it off, guess I had it tight enough.

2. mvd00024

mvd00024 Member

Sounds just like me...:newsmile03:

3. Nails

Nails Member

Looked at the HD catalog this morning and it they only show the replacement T/S housing sold as a set of four. Hope my dealer can get me just the one. I looked at the post Glider put up for the Easy Brackets T/S relocation and that kit looks allot better/sturdier than the HD kit. I might start all over with this mod.

Need to move on to the "good" stuff I plan this winter; V&H big radius, PC III, K&N filter, and that bullet headlamp.

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Well, no one said a project was ever "simple" or without a bit of drama. Don't feel bad, happens to the us all at one time or another...:24:

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I feel your pain same happend to me when i relocated my rear indicators on sportster
    events of that type tend to induce foul language

Brian

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I hate it when things go sideways but it happens to us all

7. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

This usually happens to me while tightening the last bolt or finding that I have left something out in my hurry to finish. At this point I tend to invent new fowl language.:panic:panic:panic

8. gasbag

gasbag Active Member

Just remember, three lefts make a right...............:panic

9. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

Don't feel too bad, everyone does this occasionally. I broke a lot of stuff in my 20 years as a Navy Machinists Mate, and have broke more working on my bikes. It does not make you happy, but you learn from it.