A trillion dollars

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by glider, Mar 19, 2009.

1. glider

glider Veteran Member

What Does one TRILLION dollars look like?

A billion dollars...

A hundred billion dollars...

Eight hundred billion dollars....

One TRILLION dollars...

What does that look like? I mean, these various numbers are tossed around like so many doggie treats.

Stay with me ... to get a sense of what a trillion dollars looks like.

Take it slowly....

We'll start with a $100 dollar bill. Currently the largest U.S. denomination in general circulation. Most everyone has seen them; slightly fewer have owned them. Guaranteed to make friends wherever they go.

[​IMG]

A packet of one hundred $100 bills is less than 1/2" thick and contains $10,000. Fits in your pocket easily and is more than enough for a week or two of shamefully decadent fun.

[​IMG]

Believe it or not, this next little pile is $1 million dollars (100 packets of $10,000). You could stuff that into a grocery bag and walk around with it.

[​IMG]

While a measly $1 million looked a little unimpressive, $100 million is a little more respectable. It fits neatly on a standard pallet...

[​IMG]

And $1 BILLION dollars... now we're really getting somewhere...

[​IMG]

Next we'll look at ONE TRILLION dollars. This is that number we've been hearing about so much. What is a trillion dollars? Well, it's a million million. It's a thousand billion. It's a one followed by 12 zeros.

You ready for this?

It's pretty surprising.

Go ahead...

Scroll down...

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you $1 trillion dollars...

[​IMG]

(And notice those pallets are double stacked and how small the man looks.)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

Thats great.

Not because of the visual, but I just got that same exact email from my sister-in-law.

Not going to make further comment as I don't want to start a firestorm!!! :s

3. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Another good analogy to describe a trillion dollars is this: If you spent a million dollars a day, every day, since Jesus Christ was born, over 2009 years ago, you still wouldn't have spent a trillion dollars......

4. doc_63

doc_63 Active Member

If you were to count to one trillion taking 1 second to say every number out loud...you would finish in 36,500 years.

One...two...three...

5. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Well, it would pass the time 'till the recession is over......:bigsmiley20:

6. Skratch

Skratch Active Member

There is a whole lot about this trillion dollars thing that is truly scary. I just wish my credit card had the same terms as the feds!!!

7. hairydogboy

hairydogboy Member

its only paper..good for rolling a smoke or use as kindling at at bbq

8. Leprechaun667

Leprechaun667 Member

Makes ya want to scream...bad things
    My stomach don't feel too good.

9. Butch

Butch Active Member

what put it in perspective for me was the this tidbit from some online source or other...

"You cannot count to one trillion, because 1 trillion seconds = 31688 years!"

ok my bad, I didn't see this post about the counting to 1 trillion...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
  10. nmphotokat

nmphotokat Member

I wonder if all the politicians and 'Big business''s and the CEOs were to pay all the back taxes and all the late fees and fines that a regular man on the street would have to pay , if it might make a small dent in the national debt we are hearing so much about. My grandpa use to say
    " it's the little guy carrying the big guys " well I guess so, now that we know just how many aren't paying their taxes ,but ,have their hands out for the tax dollars we pay !! just an unimportant stray thought i have now when my taxes are being figured up and I'm looking under sofa cushions and though Levi pockets for small change. :rofl