free website stats program A TFI question | Harley Davidson Forums

A TFI question

Breeze3at

Experienced Member
I got my Doebeck TFI -1250ST in the mail today. Installation was as straight forward as I had read. My only question is: the connectors that used to plug into the injectors/manifold, but now plug into the TFI do not lock/click into position. They fit snug, but can be pulled apart. The TFI connectors that plugs into the inj./manifold does "click" and lock into position. I have searched all the self help here, and Teclusion's FAQ's and don't see this. The Teclusion install video (on a 2005) does point out that one set of connectors locks but does not say anything about the other conn. Also, the 2007 connectors are different (02 sensors) than previous years. The shape of the connectors is such that tie wraps slip off, even tiny ones.
Can anyone that has installed the TFI on a 2007 or newer shed some light on this for me? :small3d023:

All four of the injector plugs should have wire bails on them and click together firmly as long as they are installed correctly. Maybe a touch of silicone spray on the plugs would help.

All four of the injector plugs should have wire bails on them and click together firmly as long as they are installed correctly. Maybe a touch of silicone spray on the plugs would help.

only 2 of mine had the wire bails other had a click connector

Mine have plastic pinch type locks. I'll try some silicon spray and see if I can get them to slide a bit further in to engage the lock.

Mine have plastic pinch type locks. I'll try some silicon spray and see if I can get them to slide a bit further in to engage the lock.

I run into this from time to time dealing with A/M headlamps/tail lamps that are serviced with there own harnes'.On occasion the rubber seals inside the plug are just a bit too fat and wont allow the plug to completely seat.With a pic you can try removing the rubber seals and relace them with the O.E. seals.Or shave just a hair off the A/M seals.

WYW; Yep, the connectors have a nice fat accordion type seal on them. I will look at that. Thanks for the tip.

PROBLEM SOLVED. There is a difference in the placement of the locking tab and the locking clip between the Doebeck TFI and the Harley connectors. I found some super skinny zip ties and solved the problem.
Thanks for the suggestions. :s

Back