free website stats program : A soldiers veiw of Michael Jackson death | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

: A soldiers veiw of Michael Jackson death

To DavidW2415, Thanks for passing on that article. As I as reading it, I found myself asking, "Do I take our people serving this country for granted"?
No, I do not. I appreciate the men & women in our armed forces very much,
even more so because I have a niece & son-in-law that are enlisted. But
while reading this, it made me do a personal gut-check. Thank you to all our troops, past & present. We DO appreciate what you do for us all.

This doesn't really have anything to do with Micheal Jackson but it is a video of the welcome home of a fallen soilder. It was recorded close to Atlanta, GA.

http://blip .tv/play/AYGJ5h6Y gmE

Use this address to go to the page. Copy and paste if it is not a direct link.

This doesn't really have anything to do with Micheal Jackson but it is a video of the welcome home of a fallen soilder. It was recorded close to Atlanta, GA.

http://blip .tv/play/AYGJ5h6Y gmE

Use this address to go to the page. Copy and paste if it is not a direct link.

Doesn't work even copying and pasting

The young man's comments are powerful and true.

Many forum members knew comrades-in-arms, family, and friends who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country. My peer group of vets has sent their kids and grandkids and even great grandkids into service and combat. Unfortunately, as always , some have not returned.

The public's reaction to a stars death is often over done. That does not mean many folks do not care about the death of a service member.

I don't even try to compare an over-the-top-reaction to a stars death to the loss of a soldier, sailor, marine, or airman. The service member's cause is noble, their sacrifices great. I am sadden by their death and thankful for their willingness to serve.

I as a Vietnam Vet, ride with the PGR...the day MJ died so did 7 America soldiers ...I never heard it mentioned
but a short clip on the news when the entire day was devoted to MJ...this country has its priority screwed up!

I work for a company that makes protective suits for the military. It makes you think every day when you see how many are moving down the line, that they actualy represent a real person fighting for our freedom. I thank everyone of them.

I couldn't agree more with what the young man said. He could have gone on and ranted more for all I care. He is so right! Michael Jackson got his rewards here on this earth for his talents and efforts, with the blessings and curse of being famous. But these young men and women who are our American children grown into a responsible and self-sacrificing love of family, community and country and some of them of God are giving of more than time and talents and personal lives, they are giving up their lives possibly and endangering them for sure for US and we don't give them a moment of silence when the news comes that another of them has fallen. Why don't we??? I am sickened by the disrespect that Vietnam vets faced on their homecoming to American shores and just as appalled by the treatments today's servicemen and servicewomen face by an uncaring, unthinking, too easily pandered to and spoiled, politically correct and unfeeling and ungrateful populace who not only take them for granted but frown on them for the sacrifice they have made and are still making. :newsmile102: Okay, I'll shut up now, but I hope that this frustration and outrage he is speaking of can be recognized for the proper set of priorities it is!!!

Back