free website stats program A question about repo'ing | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

A question about repo'ing

Make friends with the Hells Angel's or Pagans'. No more problem. Joking aside, its ashame that there are folks out there that pull this kind of stuff. If you know a local LE, discuss with him your options. Good luck.

I have to travel about 500 miles to get to the nearest county courthouse, don't ask why, just accept what I say is true. That being the case, I am not able to get there whenever I want...I do have a job, and that would be taking at least 3 days from work, which i cannot afford to do. And that is also the reason why this gentleman (I call him a gentleman sarcastically because this forum has rules about saying anything unpleasant about anyone, but you know what I mean) is so sure I can't get the bike. But rest assured that I will take your suggestions into consideration the next time I am able to get near a courthouse.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I know times are tough for most, but 3 days of work compared to the value of the bike. Maybe you can get it back and have a quick sell

Might want to get in touch with the state in which bike is titled and make sure new title has not been issued. Also lean original title.

There has been some good advice given in some of the posts....and some funny stuff too.
I have contacted DMV where bike is registered and in the past the "friend" tried to forge my signature on the Title, but I still have the original and my name is on the Title as Lienholder, also. The State has red-flagged the registration, so if he tries to register it again, I will be notified immediately with his address and name of Insurance Company.
I am also going to explore procedures with the Sheriff's department where the "friend" lives. I will also explore the procedures needed through the court and the State Troopers and Municipal Police.
I have also contacted the repo guy again and he assures me he is still "on the case" and has never had a repo get away from him. He also has "scouts" checking out the "friend's" place of employment, and people living on the street are also keeping an eye out. This service is gratis. He does state that because of the time of year, chances of him snatching it are slim, but when Spring rolls around, and the bikes are out and about, he will step up the action. I also have RELIABLE friends watching his place of work and his house, as well as keeping tabs on hang-outs. Some even hang out in the same places, so things seem like they are coming together in my favour.
Who knows...maybe an unexpected Christmas present for me.:small3d017:

There has been some good advice given in some of the posts....and some funny stuff too.
I have contacted DMV where bike is registered and in the past the "friend" tried to forge my signature on the Title, but I still have the original and my name is on the Title as Lienholder, also. The State has red-flagged the registration, so if he tries to register it again, I will be notified immediately with his address and name of Insurance Company.
I am also going to explore procedures with the Sheriff's department where the "friend" lives. I will also explore the procedures needed through the court and the State Troopers and Municipal Police.
I have also contacted the repo guy again and he assures me he is still "on the case" and has never had a repo get away from him. He also has "scouts" checking out the "friend's" place of employment, and people living on the street are also keeping an eye out. This service is gratis. He does state that because of the time of year, chances of him snatching it are slim, but when Spring rolls around, and the bikes are out and about, he will step up the action. I also have RELIABLE friends watching his place of work and his house, as well as keeping tabs on hang-outs. Some even hang out in the same places, so things seem like they are coming together in my favour.
Who knows...maybe an unexpected Christmas present for me.:small3d017:
Sounds like you have all the bases covered. Best of luck to you!

Good Luck, sounds like the friend turned into a real dead beat, hope it all turns good for you, Capital Jack

A friend of mine sold 2 snowmobiles to a guy that worked for a shop he called on, the story is the same as yours, these low lifes are everywhere, sad part is it took 3 yrs to collect, hope your ordeal works out better.

Back