free website stats program A question about repo'ing | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

A question about repo'ing

Sorry, but I still don't see the info I was looking for. I wish Gottatour the best.

Gottatour still has the title and ,the way I read it, the agreement seems to be a verbal one with the "friend" making payments.

I still possess the Original Title and have copies of all bank transactions, and the original Bill of Sale, etc from the Dealer. I also have letters from the "friend" in which he states agreement about the payments to be made. The only thing he has is the Registration, in his name, and presumably, Insurance. I wish I knew who he has that from.
He just refuses to cough up the scoot, so as I said earlier, I have no problem with anyone challenging me on any level. I just need to have some means of getting the scoot. And I think I have to go the 'get a LEO to accompany me' route, seeing as how the repo guy hasn't been able to snatch it.

being a leo, i dont know of any department that would let their officers get involved in a civil matter without a court order for them to be there. good luck in getting the bike back

Burn his house down and forget about the bike.

Seems like us Oregonians think alike. Although, I would get the bike, then burn his house down. This guy is "not" your friend. Sounded like you have the answer. Your "friends" offered to get it back, and if you're sure he won't cause a stink, well then, what are you waiting for. Take care of business. That's what bikers do.

I have to travel about 500 miles to get to the nearest county courthouse, don't ask why, just accept what I say is true. That being the case, I am not able to get there whenever I want...I do have a job, and that would be taking at least 3 days from work, which i cannot afford to do. And that is also the reason why this gentleman (I call him a gentleman sarcastically because this forum has rules about saying anything unpleasant about anyone, but you know what I mean) is so sure I can't get the bike. But rest assured that I will take your suggestions into consideration the next time I am able to get near a courthouse.
Thank you all for your suggestions.

Can you call or write the court house? In Virgina you can go to the county magistrate and and if it is judged in you favor the cops will go with you to get you stuff and or bike. Then the guy would be thrown in the can if he refused.

and after that you could burn his house down:D

Back