free website stats program A new study into motorcyle accidents | Harley Davidson Forums

A new study into motorcyle accidents

Safehaven

A report comprising 3 years of study including 921 motorcycle accidents was recently published by MAIDS. The findings included a "damage statistic" which shows the most likely place to sustain an injury. It surprised me that the legs and lower body are most likely to sustain injury, but I guess it makes sense.

From the article:
"The investigation was conducted during 3 years on 921 accidents from 5 countries using the OECD common research methodology."

you have to register with the website to download the full report but you can read the summary here: Motorcycle accident? Herere most likely to get injured - Magazine - Mbike.com

maids webpage: Maids - In-Depth investigation of motorcycle accidents

Take care :)

The whole trick is not to get into an accident, 37 years and counting.

There's an old saying..."There are two kinds of riders, those that have gone down and those that are going down" Been there done that and don't want to go back.

did the down today in the rain .gotta like the crash bars , no damage to ride,bank sensor does not turn off the bike though , good news i can pick it up by myself ,but dont want to do that again LOL

Bank sensor...?...she went to sleep already! But the one on my old carbed bike is supposed to only control the turnsignal shutoff timer, does not do much anything else, so my bike is safe only in the upright and non-horizontal position which is fine with me!

Down once in 2007, totaled my 02 Heritage Softail, absolutely don't want to ever experience that again. However good comes out of bad, within a week I ordered the bike I'm currently riding a 2007 Road King Classic!

Only been down in my driveway due to loose gravel grabbing the front tire at 2 mph. Laid it down and rolled off to the left. Only thing I could think of was Arty Johnson from "laugh in" going over on his tricycle. laid there spread eagle and laughed my butt off. Didn't laugh the second time though. Shortly after changed my driveway configuration.

There's an old saying..."There are two kinds of riders, those that have gone down and those that are going down" Been there done that and don't want to go back.

I'm going to be one of the thousands and thousands of rider's who prove that saying wrong.

I'm going to be one of the thousands and thousands of rider's who prove that saying wrong.

Animal,

I'm with you on this but, I'm not officially stating it publically. I'm a bit superstitious and find Murphy's law somehow finds you when you least expect it.

:s

Back