free website stats program A new Pledge believer | Harley Davidson Forums

A new Pledge believer

walt5162

I was talking to a guy about the black diamond grips HD has.

Anyway long story, short.. is bike is a black 2006 Ultra.. had the often mencing swirls and light scratches which you often see with black paint when you don't use the right buff cloth. They never go away, Told him about pledge.... wham bamb thank you man... looks like a new bike. Even impressed me and that's not easy!

Not one swirl or mark on it! Now he too is converted! Guy next door to him is too... he did his SUV with it...looks great! :bigsmiley12:

By the way anyone using the black diamond grips? Are they comfortable?

Walt

Anyway long story, short.. is bike is a black 2006 Ultra.. had the often mencing swirls and light scratches which you often see with black paint when you don't use the right buff cloth. They never go away, Told him about pledge.... wham bamb thank you man... looks like a new bike. Even impressed me and that's not easy!

Not one swirl or mark on it! Now he too is converted! Guy next door to him is too... he did his SUV with it...looks great! :bigsmiley12:

Walt

Hey guys,
We are talking pledge on the paint, right? I know it works on chrome.
With 2 black bikes, mine and Mz Bling's, this sounds great.
I have been using pledge wipes for years on my saxophones, but never considered it for paint. Just want to make sure before we take the pledge paint plunge.
Thanks

You can even use the generic version of Pledge with the same results. It will give you a great dust-free shine and save you money.

Hey guys,
We are talking pledge on the paint, right? I know it works on chrome.
With 2 black bikes, mine and Mz Bling's, this sounds great.
I have been using pledge wipes for years on my saxophones, but never considered it for paint. Just want to make sure before we take the pledge paint plunge.
Thanks

It works great on everything but leather and rubber.:D

Walt

i am using the black diamond grips. I like em. I think I'm going to go with the floorboard inserts, brake petal pad, and shifter to match.

It would be hard to read this forum at all and not see many glowing references for Pledge. I too have a black bike with swirl marks and it is time for me to detail my bike after the winter. I would like to use Pledge but am not quite sure about the finer points of use. I have these Pledge questions.

1. Do you use only Pledge to just use it to detail the bike after using a standard wax product and or chrome polish.

2 How do you apply? On a cloth, or straight on the bike. Is there a drying time?

Back