free website stats program A New Car Aint What It Used To Be | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A New Car Aint What It Used To Be

Still driving my 1988 4Runner that I bought new in '88. 210,000 miles which for these vehicles is just getting broken in. Although she's not much to look at, mechanically it's still a sound vehicle. And, the best part is, if she get's dirty, who cares?

My girlfriend has an '88 4Runner. She has about 330,000 miles on it and says she will drive it until it cannot be fixed anymore.

I'm afflicted with the dreaded "It must be clean and shiny" disease. I actually like to make my things shine. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment. What the heck, I spent a lot of good money for my car and bike, why not keep it clean?

Also, might be finding myself in the same situation later today...doing the "dreaded" trip to dealership @ 0930 to look into trading the wife's 08 Chrysler T&C for a new 2011...not looking forward to killing my weekend AM (Father's Day weekend at that) wheeling/dealing on a vehicle, but good pricing being advertised. We'll see how things pan out...want the wife to be happy - that's all that matters. :D

Also, might be finding myself in the same situation later today...doing the "dreaded" trip to dealership @ 0930 to look into trading the wife's 08 Chrysler T&C for a new 2011...not looking forward to killing my weekend AM (Father's Day weekend at that) wheeling/dealing on a vehicle, but good pricing being advertised. We'll see how things pan out...want the wife to be happy - that's all that matters. :D

Hah Ice, we can always find ways to enjoy Father's Day weekend, might even sneak a peek at that H-D dealer...uhh just to "kill a little time and maybe burn a 'Franklin or three -- and so the drama begins...!" :newsmile093:

Back