free website stats program A moment of reflection | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

A moment of reflection

I think this was handled POORLY. When I have issues with techs I invite them into the office BEHIND closed doors. Second I have never seen any of my old bikes and I do miss all of them. Sorry you had a bad day. Go for a long ride that always works for me:rider

Sad deal on the former bike - our world's too upside down...why are educators paid so poorly & entertainment/professional athletes paid so high??? IMO...should be the other way around. Our nations priorities need realignment...JMO.[/QUOTE]

Well said and I could not agree more...........

Sad deal on the former bike - our world's too upside down...why are educators paid so poorly & entertainment/professional athletes paid so high??? IMO...should be the other way around. Our nations priorities need realignment...JMO.

Well said and I could not agree more...........
While I understand the sentiment, the economic dynamics are apples and oranges. Teachers are paid by pretty much a single entity, with limited resources, while, entertainers and athletes are paid by a huge number of entities, willing to pay a small amount per person, the performer requiring a certain percentage of the total take. The amount paid the latter is limited only by the number of entities willing to contribute, and the percentage that the receiving producer is willing to yield to the performer.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Clearly there was a lack of professionalism there.
As far as the repo on your former bike, when I fell on hard times when I was younger and had to get a lawyer for my second DUI, I had to see my Sportster to raise the $ that I need to pay him off. So far my '03 Ultra has been running just fine with no major repair bills. I know that some folks declare bankruptcy on owing as little as $3000. !! It doesn't take much sometimes to push one over the edge. Too bad for that teacher. He may have loved your former bike as much as you have and then had to reluctantly give it up.

Sad deal on the former bike - our world's too upside down...why are educators paid so poorly & entertainment/professional athletes paid so high??? IMO...should be the other way around. Our nations priorities need realignment...JMO.

Well said and I could not agree more...........[/QUOTE]

I agree as well. But, the only reason athletes and entertainment people are paid so much is because the fans are willing to pay the exorbitant prices for tickets, souvenirs, clothing, and pretty much anything that allows the fans to 'connect' with their hero's. Been to the movies lately? How much did it cost for 2 people to get in and have some snacks?

I guess it's one of the reasons I just never could get into having a dresser drawer filled with T-shirts that have some dealers name on them, or the name of some high fallooting department store.

Well said and I could not agree more...........[/QUOTE]

While I understand the sentiment, the economic dynamics are apples and oranges. Teachers are paid by pretty much a single entity, with limited resources, while, entertainers and athletes are paid by a huge number of entities, willing to pay a small amount per person, the performer requiring a certain percentage of the total take. The amount paid the latter is limited only by the number of entities willing to contribute, and the percentage that the receiving producer is willing to yield to the performer.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I agree as well. But, the only reason athletes and entertainment people are paid so much is because the fans are willing to pay the exorbitant prices for tickets, souvenirs, clothing, and pretty much anything that allows the fans to 'connect' with their hero's. Been to the movies lately? How much did it cost for 2 people to get in and have some snacks?

I guess it's one of the reasons I just never could get into having a dresser drawer filled with T-shirts that have some dealers name on them, or the name of some high fallooting department store.[/QUOTE]

I'd almost agree with the statements for why pro athletes and entertainment people get paid so much IF their team owners didn't keep showing up with their hands out for public funds when they threaten to move the team. The entertainment industry likes to look for handouts as well.

As for teachers, there are good and bad and due to declining enrollments in some schools they are let go. Doesn't help when a chunk of funding is eaten up by top management.

None of the solutions are ever just cut and dry. There are always complications..

Back